cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Has anyone played Satisfactory?

My partner and I are always on the hunt for new co-op games to play. (shout out to It Takes Two, one of my all-time favorites). Recently we discovered Satisfactory - on steam here. And wow am I LOVING it. Quick run down of the game - 

Satisfactory is a first-person open-world factory building game with a dash of exploration and combat. Play alone or with friends, explore an alien planet, create multi-story factories, and enter conveyor belt heaven!

Construct

Conquer nature by building massive factories across the land. Expand wherever and however you want. The planet is filled with valuable natural resources just waiting to be utilized. As an employee of FICSIT it’s your duty to make sure they come to good use.

Automate

Construct your factories with gracious perfection or build intricate webs of conveyor belts to supply all your needs. Automate trucks and trains to reach your faraway outposts and be sure to handle liquids properly by transporting them in pipes. It’s all about minimizing manual labour!

Explore & Exploit

Venture on expeditions to search for new materials and be sure to put everything to good use. Nature is yours to harvest! You have vehicles, jetpacks, jump pads and more at your disposal to make the exploration easier. Equip the proper safety gear as well, just in case you run into the local wildlife.

FEATURES

• Open World: Explore the huge (30km2) alien planet that is Massage-2(AB)b with its unique fauna and creatures.
• Co-Op: Build a factory yourself or share the joy with your friends. Up to you!
• Factory Building: Experience building a huge factory from a first-person perspective. Automate and optimize it to perfection for your personal satisfaction.
• Customization: Customize your factory to your own liking. Build at high altitudes or over wide plains, there is almost no limits in the making of your tailor-made factory.
• Vehicles: Travel the world with class. Use jump pads, factory carts, jetpacks, hypertubes, trucks or trains. The choice is yours!

Amber_AMD_0-1652803742649.png

It takes a lot of team work/strategic thinking about layout, process, and how to get the items you need made to level up. HIGHLY recommend, but has anyone else played / have any tips for getting started? We're only 2 days in and pretty new - we just got jump pads haha. 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
6 Replies

@Amber_AMD wrote:

My partner and I are always on the hunt for new co-op games to play. (shout out to It Takes Two, one of my all-time favorites).

So relatable! I have not played Satisfactory, but my partner really likes it and I've watched him play a bit. It seems like an awesome game and the devs seem really devoted to fun updates. It's on my wishlist to check out during a sale, but I'm also not the hugest fan of building things in games so not sure how much I'd like it. 

We do have It Takes Two in our library of co-op games to play together - may have to move it up the list to play sooner rather than later! 😄

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
Axton
Challenger

Oh yes... many hours into it already.  I've gone into the mods for it because I can't be bothered to grind anymore.  Get the full time day mod and the fly mode MOD.  I think there's a Satisfactory mod manager app that does a real good job at managing it all.

The mod manager will download them but here's the one good mod

https://ficsit.app/mod/6nKYZmGkoJmx9Z

Oh my gosh, @Axton that is a pro tip!! I'll look into that mod tonight. Thank you so much! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
RPX100
Miniboss

I have been playing Satisfactory on and off since it first released as an early access game.
Can indeed be quite a challenge to build huge factories and might require a good bit of math sometimes. ^^
Playing it with friends can help while building huge factories where you need someone to fetch some resources. 😉

tips:
- always use platforms to build your factory
-> and make sure to pay attention to the keybindings/controls
-> you can toggle the build mode to build a line of up to 10 platforms at once

- keep expanding existing layouts vertically later on when you progress
-> use hyper tubes for easy access to upper floor levels 

- keep at least 2 free platforms between machine input/outputs as spacing
-> this might seem like a waste of space in early game, but will result in more freedom in late game
-> you never know which resource you might want to split with a smart splitter later on 😉

- remember to keep everything accessible: always keep a direct path to your storage containers
-> build conveyor belts up in the air with the conveyor lifts, rather than having them on the floor
-> this will keep your factory much more accessible and easier to walk around in
-> just connect the conveyor lifts directly to each machines input/output and then use the belts to connect

- go on exploring the map early on to find researchable harddrives in wreckages for better blueprints
-> you might get lucky and get useful blueprints for easier early game factory layouts

- try out the different delivery options for far away resources
-> also remember to check if a basic resource can be refined at the deposit
-> it might be more effective to transport refined resources, rather than basic ones
-> example: limestone - always refine it to concrete before transporting it long distances

--- [ CPU: Ryzen 7 3800XT | GPU: ASRock RX 5700XT Challenger Pro 8GB | driver: 24.1.1 ]
--- [ MB: MSI B550-A Pro AGESA 1.2.0.7 | RAM: 2x 16GB 3600-CL16 | chipset: 6.01.25.342 ]

@RPX100 this information is  i n c r e d b i l e 

I honestly think we might have to start over because our set up is not efficient currently lol (we just didnt know what we were getting into in the beginning). Thank you so much for taking the time to write out these tips, it is so appreciated! 

Do you have a map you like building on the best? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
0 Likes
Acidpaintball
Journeyman III

I was never into resource gathering and crafting games, but Coffee Stain managed to get me absolutely addicted to this game. 

I’ve recommended it to everyone and purchased multiple copies to give out… yeah. Maybe i have a problem?