cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Halo Infinite: Don't Miss the Legendary Sweeps!

Hi Red Team! In case you missed it, check this out! 

While the AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Halo Infinite Limited Edition Graphics Card won’t be going on sale, AMD, Microsoft, 343 Industries and other partners will be offering players multiple opportunities over the coming weeks to get their hands on one.

Follow this link for more information!

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
28 Replies

None of the links at AMD Radeon and Halo mentions how to enter the contest.

Whether you need to purchase the GPU Card or if it is something similar to a drawing for a free RX6900XT.

Hi @elstaci 

There is a form on the Razer page titled "Get in on the action". You get there by clicking on the "Learn More" button found under the "Razercon 2021: 10.21.21" section of the Halo Infinite page on AMD.com. Plus, there is a "Daily Giveaway Calendar" section listing the tasks participants can take for a chance to win the GPU. Just scroll down the page.

The GPU in question can not be purchased, since it's a limited edition product made specifically for Halo: 

"While the AMD Radeon™ RX 6900 XT Halo Infinite Limited Edition Graphics Card won’t be going on sale, AMD, Microsoft, 343 Industries and other partners will be offering players multiple opportunities over the coming weeks to get their hands on one."

The above is on the AMD.com page, right under the "A Legendary Sweepstakes" section. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT

@Sam_AMD 

Hey Thanks for the link. I just entered the contest.

I realize, this GPU, whoever wins it won't have a AMD Warranty on it. But winning a top of the line expensive GPU Card is worth filling out the entry.

Thanks to both of you including @Ashley_AMD  who brought attention to it to AMD Forums.

MidnightMotorcycling
Journeyman III

You sure have enough to give out to your "influencers" while those of us who work real jobs for a living have to contend with extremely low stock and whatever is available are priced sky high. A low midrange card shouldn't cost as much as an upper midrange card or higher. Yet you slap us in the face by parading these "influencers" around on social media, the very people who could pay the current GPU prices several times over (they make more than tradesman for god's sake).

By "Influencers" you mean companies that run a Contest/Promotion with AMD to attract buyers or customers to their site?

You do realize the amount of hardware AMD sets aside for Contests/Promotions wouldn't have any affect on the overall GPU/CPU supply right? 

I mean how many CPU or GPU cards do you believe AMD gives away in Promotions?

If you need to have a GPU card so badly don't you believe it is worth taking a chance in entering a Contest/Promotion to get one free? 

Granted chances are extremely low of you winning but you have nothing to lose except maybe getting emails with ads from the company. But you can always unsubscribe from them.

Besides, prices are determined by Supply and Demand economics. Less supply with too much demand results in very high prices.

"If you need to have a GPU card so badly don't you believe it is worth taking a chance in entering a Contest/Promotion to get one free?"

What is somewhat annoying, is that membership to this community alone no longer warrants being eligible for contests and promotions.  Now everything revolves around twitter.  I personally do not have a twitter account and have no interest in getting one, but follows on twitter are now more valuable than years of promoting AMD products in this community.  Also, wanting something in return (a follow) in order to receive a contest entry plays pretty fast and loose with the term "free".

How long before super followers get additional contest entries?  Slippery slope.  

@ajlueke 

First no one is twisting anyone's arm to enter any contest.

True many entries requires the Users to accept certain Terms & Conditions to enter. But the User can decide whether they want to accept those Terms & Condition or not before entering any contest or promotion.

Many promotions have very little conditions to enter except maybe entering a limited amount of times or except getting ads. But remember these promotions and contests are created for one thing only, to attract traffic to their websites or Retailer.

Most have Terms & Conditions which a User can read before entering a contest or promotion.

Not all promotions are on Twitter. Many are from various Company's own gaming websites or from Retailers offering games if you purchase certain AMD hardware.

Not sure what you mean by:

What is somewhat annoying, is that membership to this community alone no longer warrants being eligible for contests and promotions.

Just because you are a member of a Forum doesn't give you any special privileges in entering Contests or Promotions. 

As far as I know, most contests and promotions are open to anyone unless it is specified in the rules for entering in any contest or promotion that only certain members or customers are eligible to enter.

True nothing is "Free". But it is up to the Users if they want to accept the Terms or conditions of the contest and promotion knowing they may need to join or enroll or get ads if they enter.

But that is what contests and promotions are for. For marketing and advertising purposes.

Hello, Everyone, 

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts and opinions here. (Halo? What a great game! I remember playing it before it (the IP) got acquired by Microsoft, I'm talking maybe 15 years ago? Remember?). 

I've been working with my team on a few "things". Things meant to bring some of the fun activities back to the Red Team community. I can't disclose the details, I'll get in trouble if I do, but I hope they'll be welcomed by everyone here.

If anything, keep an eye out on Red Team ...because something good is coming! 😉

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Ask and you shall receive I suppose.

Ooooh, that's very exciting 🙂

Happy New Year, Everyone! 

Heads-up! We just launched the "things" I'd mentioned in my earlier reply...

The Red Team Monthly Sweepstakes and the Rig of the Month Contest. Check them out, and good luck to you all! 

Oh, wait, I almost forgot, we also updated the Red Team Home page...

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Thanks for this! Excited to be able to continue to represent RED in my PC. Upgrading the CPU and hopefully one day the GPU!

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Can't wait to see what's in store 

Over 40 Gamer & Streamer
0 Likes

As a gamer that has never played a Halo game. I am amazed by such storyline in Infinite, although I have regrets that maybe I should have played the previous installments first

I agree with you! (I did play it when it was first launch, on PC only, before Microsoft bought the IP). I think a great, deep, storyline, in any game, it's a must these days.
Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes
oark
Adept III

Looks amazing!

I agree with @oark . That GPU looks amazing! (I think all GPUs should be themed after AAA titles). 

Warsam71
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

I've been part of the AMD Red Team for quite some years now, unfortunately my current video card is a 980, my last AMD Radeon card was a RX 480, I saved up for a 6900 XT but then the shortage happened and the local stores are selling it for nearly $2.5k which is not only overpriced, but just straight up expensive - I'm a student and work part time (due to the pandemic) and with the current prices, I simply cannot afford a video card, I'd rather put my money towards groceries, rent, medical bills, etc. so recently I've been throwing my name in the hat in these online contests and giveaways in hopes I get lucky and win some hardware, it makes me extremely sad that my hobby has come to this, but it's life. I wish you all luck with these giveaways, my dream GPU is a 6900 XT - wish me luck too 🙂 happy holidays, GLHF!

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

@blazek    A supercharged "Good Luck" to you!  

Sam
Your biggest fan!

Best of luck @blazek and all who enter! 🙂

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •
blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Thank you for the good fortune wishes, can't wait to see what you have in store for us Red Team community members in 2022.

Chotch
Adept II

Looking forward to details on how to win!

0 Likes
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Hi @Chotch 

I posted a "How it Works" blog here. It covers how to win, specifically, read-up the section titled "Here is how it works". Good luck! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes

Ah, I saw this but didn't realize it was the same contest. Thanks!

Hope i win!

0 Likes
Atsuma100
Journeyman III

• That is one nice looking card **bleep**
0 Likes
mgreg00x
Journeyman III

nice

0 Likes
carl4768
Adept I