cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

wrath_101
Journeyman III

Dual monitor RX 580

I have a Raedeon RX 580 8GB.I am trying to hook up 2 x Asus 144hz monitors but only one monitors goes to 144hz the other can only go to 60hz. When I change the settings on second monitor to 144hz it just goes black. Any help and advice will be highly appreciated. Both monitors are connected via DP cable.

0 Likes
8 Replies
Sustache
Journeyman III

Not sure about then but in mar 2021 i fixed this by opening radeon settings making a custom resolution at 144 (because duel 165 didnt work) and turning off amd freesync and amd tesselation. Not sure if its all necessary but i went to advanced display settings turned it up hertz to 144 for both and its sticking.... Even getting a consistent 144 fps in vermintide with high graph sett

0 Likes

I did run 2x AOC 1440p 27" with 144Hz on a RX580 for months. But higher then that resolutions I would not go with an 580. And they did run perfectly fine.

I had one issue with it though, one driver did reset the monitor capability to 1440p/60Hz max. Solved it by create a custom setting of 1440p/144Hz.

0 Likes
BlkDrgn28
Adept I

I had that same problem when I hooked up my 2nd monitor with HDMI cable, once I swapped that out with a Display port cable I immediately was able to get to 144hz, so I would try that.

0 Likes

I am had the issue with 2 equal monitors both on Displayport. Somehow Windows did not know it supported that resolution. Was an easy fix, and I still think it was an Windows 10 1903 issue.

0 Likes

t sounds like you were experiencing an issue with dual monitor setup on Windows 10 1903. It's not uncommon for resolution and compatibility issues to arise when setting up multiple monitors, especially if one or both monitors are using DisplayPort.

In this case, you mentioned that you fixed the issue, but without more details on the specific solution, I can only offer some general troubleshooting steps:

1. Check for the latest drivers for your graphics card and monitor.
  2. Verify that your graphics card supports the resolution you are trying to use.
  3. Check the DisplayPort cable for any damage or wear.
  4. Try using a different cable or port on the monitor or graphics card.
  5. Make sure Windows is set up to extend the desktop, not duplicate it.
0 Likes

Additionally, you may also try the following steps:

Adjust the refresh rate of your monitor: If the refresh rate is too high, it can cause display issues. Try setting it to a lower rate and see if the issue persists.

Check the display settings in Windows: Make sure that the display settings in Windows are set up correctly for your monitor. Go to the Settings app, navigate to the Display section to verify the settings.

Try updating the BIOS: If your computer's BIOS is out of date, it can cause compatibility issues with your graphics card and monitor. Check the manufacturer's website for any BIOS updates and follow their instructions to update it.

Try disabling hardware acceleration: Hardware acceleration can cause display issues in some cases. To disable it, go to the Advanced display settings in Windows, click on Display adapter properties, then navigate to the Troubleshoot tab and click on Change settings. From there, disable hardware acceleration.

Check for any software conflicts: Some software can conflict with your graphics card and cause display issues. Try disabling any recently installed software and see if the issue persists.

0 Likes
rtyrbddfgd
Journeyman III

can i use it by gb whatsapp

0 Likes
rtyrbddfgd
Journeyman III

wow good like save insta

0 Likes