cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Deals

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Do you like free games? I learned something (epic) today.

Hey friends, 

The title says it all. I was looking up gaming news today and found this article that shares free games the epic store is releasing, and the dates they're available here

I love phone games... and Recipe for disaster sounds something right up my ally 🤣 (don't judge me - I like weird games) 

Is there one on the list you're looking forward to? If not, what game do you WISH you could get for free? 

giphy.gif

P.S - my partner and I are looking for coop games we haven't tried. Do you have any you recommend? (we've done League. Stardew Valley, It Takes Two, Mario games on switch, Satisfactory, and Minecraft)

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
27 Replies
neon
Miniboss

Vicious Attack Llama Apocalypse, but only if you like puns.

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

LOL wow, that is so rediculous i might have to try it 🤣

Best,
Your friend at AMD
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

Are these games free for a limited time or for a long time?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Some of them are LTO. Usually a week, maybe two. Plenty of F2P titles available though.

Performance over Pretty.
bobpi
Adept III

I get many free games and demos for my desktop through GOG Games. I don't buy too many newer games since they require the net and I am still on satellite with huge lag.

blazek
Volunteer Moderator

Gotta love FREE games! (added to my backlog of free games)

Axxemann
Forerunner

I've been snagging freebies off of Epic for a couple of months now. It's great. Prime Gaming will have them too.

The last PC game I paid money for was Halo MCC, and I bought that during the Xmas 2021 sale.

Performance over Pretty.
Key-J
Paragon

If I can also share a site - https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/

This scans Steam and will display any games that have been labelled free (That normally have a price attached to them) - It will also tell you if they are free to play for a weekend, or free to keep forever.

For example, Black Desert Online is free to keep forever if you add it to your account now.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

I think I'm gonna bookmark that link for the even that some shooters come up.

Performance over Pretty.
Vynski
Exemplar

Sorry @Amber_AMD , but I can't stand to play a game on a 2" x 3" screen with my aging eyes when I can play on a 17" or 46" screen.   

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

Hey @Sam_AMD thought I would show you this so you can add it to your calendar so you don't forget. Next week on Epic Games:

KeyJ_0-1678989606645.png

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!

Oh dang!! That is right up Sam's ally. 

I'm just sitting here wondering what could make chess ULTRA 🤣

Best,
Your friend at AMD
Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Thank you for thinking of me @Key-J 

I saw the video, looks good! 

FYI, I'm still grinding, working my way up to the 900s rank! It's taking me so long, but my skills have improved, I'm making less mistakes (inaccuracies) and my overall accuracy is averaging around 70% (used to be in the low 50s). 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got over 100 games on epic for free (frostpunk, watch dogs 2, vampyr, battle front 2, torchlight 2, etc.). they give 1 or 2 free games every week. In 2020 during covid GTA V was free. for new year for 10 days every day they give 1 or more games for free and once tomb rider, rise of tomb rider and shadow of tomb rider were free.

atmosphere
Challenger

Lol... though i dont always check, i've managed to collect quite a few games. Some of those i wouldnt have if not for free. Absolute drift is one of those, but its's a game i really enjoy..

I do hate multiple launchers.. steam epic ebisoft ea bathesda 😞 but.. well do like gaming also 😄

Ugh, I agree with allll the separate launchers. I wish someone would come up with an app where you can access them all in one place... 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Back in the old days, it was all desktop shortcuts!

Performance over Pretty.

Lol.. still have the shortcuts.. rhough they launch the launcher... hmmmz..

Kind of seems pointless, no?

Performance over Pretty.

Omgeving t hat was called steam... but ea and ubi also wanted a pice of that pie... and so epic took the oppertunity to join in as well.. still wouldnt mind as much if a they would contain less bloatware 

Axxemann
Forerunner

whoops. nevermind.

Performance over Pretty.
atmosphere
Challenger

For all... Death Stranding is free atm on epic

petosiris
Miniboss

@Amber_AMD wrote:

P.S - my partner and I are looking for coop games we haven't tried. Do you have any you recommend? 

Hey Amber,

It's not a phone game but absolutely a coop game. If you haven't already tried it, check out Star Citizen. It's free to try in frequent "Free Fly Week"s. You can fly a ship and have your partner man a turret -- or vice versa. Bigger ships often have more turrets and other jobs aboard so you can invite more friends. Loads of fun! 👍 Read more about the game with the link in my signature.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

I would like to see a game similar to what the "other world" anime are showing now. Something like what Moria/Angband was/is and/or D&D in style. So far Wakfu comes close but not quite. I might even pay for it.

venaur
Elite

oh this rocks, thanks!

Be2st
Journeyman III

Newest free game is Wasteland 3 from Robot Cache

Ryzen 7 5700X / Radeon Strix OC V2 6650 XT
0 Likes
kaitaloipa
Adept II

My wife and I really liked Children of Morta and Crawl (If you want to compete). There's also all the Dark Pictures Anthology and The Quarry if you are into that genre.

7600X CPU, B650 Mobo, RTX 4090
0 Likes