cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

AFKG-Curtis
Adept III

Company Of Heroes 3 with AFKids Gaming

After our special event and giveaway this past weekend (March 18, 2023) Key-J and I wanted to share our thoughts on Company of Heroes 3.

Key-J:

Company of Heroes 3 is an exciting and action-packed real-time strategy game that is sure to delight fans of the genre. With its stunning graphics and immersive gameplay, the game takes players on a thrilling journey through the Mediterranean theatre during World War II. Whether you're a history buff or just love a good strategy game, Company of Heroes 3 has something for everyone.

One of the things I love most about Company of Heroes 3 is the wide range of units and abilities at the player's disposal. From tanks and infantry to artillery and airstrikes, there are so many different ways to approach each battle. Multiplayer was a blast, allowing players to compete against each other in intense and challenging matches. We ended up winning one with just a single Victory Point remaining on our side.

Another aspect of the game that I thought was fantastic was the updated animations that interact better with the landscape. This adds a whole new level of immersion and realism to the game, making battles feel more intense and visceral. Whether you're watching your troops take cover behind a building or seeing your tanks roll over rough terrain, the attention to detail in the animations is truly impressive. There was also a moment where planes were blown out of the sky, and they ended up crashing on a point I was holding - this added to a great cinematic moment.

But perhaps one of the most standout features of Company of Heroes 3 is the sound design. The quality of the sound effects and the way they change depending on your camera positioning is simply phenomenal. The atmospheric soundscapes really draw you into the game, making you feel like you're right there on the battlefield. The sound of gunfire, explosions, and tank treads all combine to create an incredibly immersive experience that is sure to leave a lasting impression.

Curtis:

I am not as articulate with words as my friend above, so I will stick with some short, sweet, and to-the-point notes. Point form FTW! 

• Storyline:
    • There are two different campaigns.
    • In the first one, you play as the British and US forces in a Civilization-type map, maneuvering your troops, acquiring resources, and managing supply lines on a grander scale (similar to Civilization games). This gameplay is broken up with key battles, with you jumping right into the action on the battlefield in a typical COH gameplay where you construct a base and build units to complete objectives. I have only played a small portion of this game mode so far, but it was a nice new take on the game. I found it a bit slower and tedious at times, a game mode not necessarily for everyone but interesting nonetheless.
    • In the second campaign, you play as the Germans and their occupation in Africa. This campaign plays much more like campaigns from the previous games. Again, I have only been able to explore the surface here as well, but from my experience, this is a very interesting point of view, and I can't wait to explore this story more.
  • Sound:
    • Explosions and gunfire sound great and really increase the intensity of the combat. Hearing the sounds of a tank shell ricocheting off other heavy armor as a strafing run of Spitfire comes swooping overhead is exhilarating! 
  • Graphics:
    • Graphics in the Company of Heroes games have always been great and bring you right into the action, from the destruction of buildings/terrain to the movement of troops through the beautiful landscapes.
  • Content:
    • There is a good amount of content in the game with the two campaigns and the competitive multiplayer or just skirmishes against AI. There are a multitude of maps as well as an open Steam workshop where many of the old maps and new maps alike have been added and are very easy to add to the game.
    • Base building has taken a bit of a mix from its two previous games, and I find it a nice mix and plays very well.
    • There are loadouts for the game, such as skins for your troops and talent trees that you can equip before going into a match. Currently, there are only a few skins and the base talent tree, but I am assuming more will come later.
    • If you have played previous COH games, note that the factions and their talent trees have changed drastically. For example, the British don't have as much of a focus on the artillery as they have had in previous games.
    • Some movement upgrades that are a great upgrade are that infantry can vault over obstacles and cover. They no longer have to run around 2ft high sandbags!
  • Fun Factor:
    • This game is a great game. I had an absolute blast playing this game. I can't wait to jump into the German campaign again and see where it takes me.
    • Playing with friends in an AI skirmish feels great and is a lot of fun working together to try and outmaneuver the AI.
  • Overall opinion: 
    • Good game and recommended to anyone that likes to play RTS games.

If you want to check out our entire stream where you can watch us go undefeated against increasingly difficult AI, check it out here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1769354871

If not, enjoy just a couple of clips from our gaming sessions:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638722511616770048

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638375222091866112

https://twitter.com/i/status/1638012684632293378

@Amber_AMD @Sam_AMD @Wally_AMD 

**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
1 Solution
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

@Key-J @AFKG-Curtis - this COH 3 review is incredible. I really do love a good strategy game...

Not only did this post convince me to add this to my rainy-day game list, but the clip of Key-J saying "planes are falling out of the sky" was the cherry on top. 

Since I think you might convince some others... We're doing a surprise giveaway on this post's comments. 😈

We will randomly select 3 winners from the comment section on this post to receive a COH 3 game code. 
The drawing will be on Tuesday, March 28th at 12pm CST. 

Big thanks to our friends at Relic Entertainment for the partnership!  

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Key-J
Paragon

I'm so glad you added that last clip. 😛 ❤️

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
Amber_AMD
Community Manager

@Key-J @AFKG-Curtis - this COH 3 review is incredible. I really do love a good strategy game...

Not only did this post convince me to add this to my rainy-day game list, but the clip of Key-J saying "planes are falling out of the sky" was the cherry on top. 

Since I think you might convince some others... We're doing a surprise giveaway on this post's comments. 😈

We will randomly select 3 winners from the comment section on this post to receive a COH 3 game code. 
The drawing will be on Tuesday, March 28th at 12pm CST. 

Big thanks to our friends at Relic Entertainment for the partnership!  

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Thats amazing!

KeyJ_0-1679697392328.gif

Good luck to everyone in the comments! 

----------

Congratulations to @Anonymous and @ShamefulTunic for catching this surprise giveaway! 

@Anonymous - I sent you an email from our community.moderator@amd.com email. Be sure to check your spam! 

@ShamefulTunic - I sent you a PM in the community. 🙂 

Enjoy friends! 

Best,
Your friend at AMD

Thanks so much!

Anonymous
Not applicable

First time I win prize if we do not count coca-cola games for toys and free bottles 😄

Thank you, I will make good use of it.

edit: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa its premium edition!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

After tutorial I did go straight to online 1v1 matches. I was confused in first match and lost but I did win in second match. Game is great I must say.

@Anonymous - Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Some games take a couple of rounds to get used to 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
Anonymous
Not applicable

premium edition should include next expansion and maybe new army or faction will come with it.

0 Likes
ShamefulTunic
Adept II

Can I be Captain Winters?

Key-J
Paragon

One more day to get in your entries for a chance to win!

----------
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how good is multyplayer. I did love to compete in 1v1 online matches.

Anonymous
Not applicable

8 wins in a row after I created new strategy, after that I started to face stronger players and again its hard to win and interesting.

game will mark every online match as unranked but still players get elo and ranks and every pvp match have impact on it.

company of heroes 3 is better than previous games and I hope updates and expansion will only make it better.

I still miss experience to talk about balance.

Awesome that you are enjoying it!

One of the things I have to say that I miss from CoH 2 was the stationary weapons that the Royal Engineers could build from the British Side. 

Like the 17 Pounder and the 40MM Cannon

----------
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did have hard time to play against it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://leaderboards.companyofheroes.com/

on that link you can see elo and your rank

match history is not there but there is other place where you can see it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

so much fun!

My rank is around top 700 global in 1v1 matches with one faction. I now face strong opponents with new ideas and playstyles and their reaction time is very good but I still did not start to use keyboard to improve my reaction time and increase number of commands

My opponent last game did think its over and start to chat and act mighty but I did make comeback with very low victory points left and won. match was very intense and it was great.

I did not try campaign still.

0 Likes