cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

AMD Ryzen™ 7000 Series Updates

In case you missed it, there was some exciting news that Lisa Su shared yesterday about what's to come with AMD! If you want to see it for your own eyes - check it out here: 

AMD Ryzen™  7000 Series Processors

AMD Ryzen 7000 Series ushers in the speed of “Zen 4” for gamers and creators with pure power to tackle any game or workflow on the digital playground. 

Amber_AMD_0-1661887965440.png

If you want to learn more about a specific model, more details are linked below: 

Amber_AMD_4-1661892767056.png

Quick comparison of performance between AMD Ryzen 5s 

AMD Socket AM5 Motherboards

New for the Ryzen 7000 Series Desktop processors and optimized for AMD Socket AM5 motherboards, AMD EXPO™ technology provides users with advanced profile settings for DDR5 memory overclocking11. When optimized for high-performance gaming, consumers can expect to see up to 11% faster gaming performance with AMD EXPO technology in F1® 202212.

Amber_AMD_3-1661890847300.png

Learn more about motherboards here

September can't come fast enough! What update/release are you looking forward to the most? 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
20 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I am excited to get my hands on a 7700x. It will take a while to save up but I'll get there.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I really can't wait to see an in-depth analysis of the X670E boards with EXPO. That's a slick name AMD came up with for their version of XMP. I dig it!

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)

Agreed I just wonder if it will be a proprietary thing or if standard higher speed dimms will support it for example a Corsair Vengeance RGB 2 by 16GB 6400Mhz kit. VENGEANCE® RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 DRAM 6400MHz C38 Memory Kit — Black (corsair.com)

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB

I think it will be open use if I recall reading it. I don't believe AMD will be going to proprietary route so it can have more access for rollout. Don't quote me, but I'm like 90% sure I saw that somwhere. @cpurpe91 

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
ThreeDee
Paragon

I'm digg'n Team Red .. I traded off my Intel 7700k and whatever motherboard I had for it for an ASUS B350 Prime Plus and a Ryzen 1700 .. I was more into video re-encoding and similar stuff back then before Hunt:Showdown sucked me back into PC gaming ... but . .Haven't looked back ever since! I got my wife, daughter and my server on the Red band wagon now .. 

ThreeDee PC specs
Key-J
Paragon

Thanks for this fantastic resource posts @Amber_AMD 

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I hope to build a new AMD system at the end of the year, perhaps using the 7900X CPU.  We'll see how much money I can spend at that time.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

@BigAl01 Don't forget to send my 7900 XT when you're making your purchases. 😆

You'll be at the top of my list, once I win a big lottery.  Of course, it might help to buy some lottery tickets first.

Turning cold hard cash into trash.Turning cold hard cash into trash.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
painerau
Adept I

AMD is the best solution! And he really promises what he says! I have the full amd computer! Processor R5 5000 series and video card all Amd rx 6000 series and in combination with full amd motherboard, everything works great! Congratulations AMD!
0 Likes
red5
Miniboss

Hopefully the availability is decent at launch.  I'm assuming it will be since the PC market has cooled down a bit lately. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN
shuffl2me
Adept III

not really a 7000 series question but still, with regards to the X3D or not, what would be better for unreal 5 a higher core NON-X3D or a lower core count X3D CPU. 

normally id say its so obviously go for the higher core count, but since X3d i feel im not so sure anymore

For gaming the X3D variant will almost certainly be faster than any of the traditional variants.  Core counts beyond 8 aren't super significant in gaming.  Having the extra cache to keep the CPU fed and not reading from RAM is more significant than faster clocks or more threads

Since the X3D versions don't overclock, buying an E series motherboard is unnecessary.  The high end VRMs aren't needed and neither is a second PCie graphics slot.  X series will be the way to go.

0 Likes
shuffl2me
Adept III

right but I'm specifically talking Unreal Engine 5 for MAKING games not so much playing them, this is where I'm now unsure of which would be better more cores no 3d cache or less cores but with 3d cache.

In that circumstance, more cores will be better.  Most of the compile tasks etc. will make use of more cores, so you will see benefit going to 12 and especially 16 over the 8 of the 3D version.

redneckpoet
Adept II

These look promising!

0 Likes
Key-J
Paragon

I'm a big fan of Linus Tech Tips, probably because I am a Canadian - but I feel that he provides high-quality content which is very unbiased.

He recently did a comparison of the Ryzen 7000 series and it has some interesting pieces. Such as it's not really AMD vs Intel, but more AMD vs AMD?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

So now I contemplate whether I should wait for Zen 4 3D V cache. I am running a Ryzen 7 3700X and I get great frame rates but I want more. I see the Ryzen 7 7700X just decimating the frames of my Zen 2 chip and now I want it.

Realistically I probably won't have enough to upgrade for nearly a year anyway. I just see these frame rates and they make me excited. I just don't like the 95c target temp for multithreaded workloads. 

johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Jayztwocents, Linus and all those big tech tubers are saying this could be a BIG BIG release.

But still, that 5800X3D, whoah.... still kicks.

The Englishman
0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

GN says they're the hottest things going....literally!

0 Likes