cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

Anonymous
Not applicable

1998 unreal engine from amd and voodoo3dfx was built to always look 5% short of reality

Computers with printers, Digital cameras/photoshop software and other things all use ray tracing light based image processing. espescially when paired with RGB light based analog TV. I cannot stress this enough. Ray tracing isnt new rtx just makes it faster, its a software thing. tell me printers that can print in photo quality dont exist and i will call you a liar. Tell me photoshop doesnt work with lightrays and colour (which is light DUH) yes all colour is light. figure that one out.. so why are these 'light rays in games' anything new? they arent the "RTX" is just a way of making them happen about 10% faster idiots.

Evolution of Unreal Engine 1995-2022 - YouTube in particular note movies like westworld and planet of the apes. are ray traced using unreal engine. 

So voodoo3dfx and amd used probably much cheaper analog special tessellation methods and resizing it was maybe only say SD TV resolution like 300x200 or double that? but its hardware and maths were true and used the latest ray tracing craze of the 60's and 70's light based rendering methods. Since it was analog tv's and analog cards with analog output how could it possibly not use ray tracing light ray based imaging and TRUERGB?!? So nvidia warred with everyone and forcibly acquired voodoo3dfx and killed it off and kept it off the market rumours and whispers spoke of them abducting staff or something. Well once they legally acquired voodoo3dfx graphics they had no idea that the important technology in it was from an employee and developed and owned by him so them having the graphics card that was too complex for their simple pea brains without any of the very hardware and software they forcibly acquired it for meant they couldnt ever use or sell the stuff as they now owned a factory and brand name but not the technology they wanted which was licensed or sold to them by somebody else. which is why there werent ever and wont ever be nvidia logo voodoo 3dfx cards. So yeah AMD's been true reality simulating where its possible to look very realistic like a photoshop during gameplay since the 90's or else the game engine software wouldnt have been able to match reality and then permanently dial it back by 5%. it was made for video games so being a perfect copy of reality was never really needed? 

So why is it now that the 60's and 70's ray tracing rendering software your graphics card always has been able to do even now if you fire up blender or other apps or game engines like unreal or miku miku dance or others using light ray based imaging is being disabled and made unavailable to everybody unless they pay fortunes for an RTX card which runs the exact same software and features and hardware but tacks on an extra small hardware chip that speeds up those softwares by about 10%? so your games look a bit more detailed and life like as the quality can improve by about that much or more. Its possible they made a software shortcut or lightculling method or something that they use to pretend its better or faster or something.

But isnt it a crime and against the law for nvidia to disable all our software and game functionality for decades so they could sell it back to us with massive price hikes decades later? So our true RGB became fake YCBCR colourspace (which if hollywood needed it for old film it should have been a separate optional ICC in video software not default) and our true reality simulation became intel and nvidia quality games for decades.. its alot like how Electronic arts is a graveyard for many popular game franchises and their software. who can we blame for the way things are now i wonder?

0 Likes
0 Replies