cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FirePro Development

mdclemen
Adept I

Where is the FirePro DirectGMA SDK?

I have been trying to get information on FirePro DirectGMA but AMD's own website on it links to a tutorial, which no longer exists. So my question is can anyone point me in the right direction to a good tutorial about using DirectGMA (specifically between a network card and a single compatible FirePro card)? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
dipak
Big Boss

Below GitHub project demonstrates how to use FirePro DirectGMA features in OpenGL, DX11 and OpenCL.

GitHub - GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/DirectGMA_P2P: Samples showing FIrePro DirectGMA features in OpenG...

Please note that it is possible to use DirectGMA to do peer to peer transfers between a FirePro GPU and a network device but the network device needs to have DirectGMA support implemented. For detail, please see this thread: DMA from Network Card to AMD Card Memory

P.S. You have been whitelisted now.

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Below GitHub project demonstrates how to use FirePro DirectGMA features in OpenGL, DX11 and OpenCL.

GitHub - GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/DirectGMA_P2P: Samples showing FIrePro DirectGMA features in OpenG...

Please note that it is possible to use DirectGMA to do peer to peer transfers between a FirePro GPU and a network device but the network device needs to have DirectGMA support implemented. For detail, please see this thread: DMA from Network Card to AMD Card Memory

P.S. You have been whitelisted now.

Regards,

0 Likes

Thanks for the info. If the network card driver is open source, is there a way to modify it to make it compatible with DirectGMA? An example or tutorial maybe?

0 Likes

+ boxerab

Aaron expressed a similar intention on this thread DirectGMA from network card to FirePro. Adding him if he can guide you in this regard.

0 Likes