Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FirePro Development

vmetodiev
Adept II

DirectGMA - PCIe topology requirements

Dear AMD Community,

From what I know regarding the PCIe protocol organization, a direct peer-to-peer communication between endpoints is possible only in the presence of an intermediate PCIe switch. It could either be a discrete IC or the functionality could be integrated inside the root complex as well. Correct me if I'm wrong...

Now, because I need a peer-to-peer DirectGMA between a Kintex 7 and Radeon Pro, may you please advise what requirement I have to meet from the point of view of motherboard and chipset selection - in order to get a native PCIe switching functionality? 

Note: I won't mind if you move the thread to another section if you do not think it is relevant. The "FirePro Development" is the only section I am currently whitelisted for, that is the reason I am posting it here.

0 Likes
1 Solution
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @vmetodiev ,

Spoiler
Note: I won't mind if you move the thread to another section if you do not think it is relevant. The "FirePro Development" is the only section I am currently whitelisted for, that is the reason I am posting it here.

Just FYI, as a "whitelisted" user , you should be able to access all forums under the Devgurus community.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Hi @vmetodiev ,

Spoiler

Just FYI, as a "whitelisted" user , you should be able to access all forums under the Devgurus community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Moved to the Devgurus Discussion, link here.

@dipak , Thank you!

0 Likes

Hi @vmetodiev ,

I've already forwarded your query (posted hereto the appropriate team. I'll let you know if I get any information/feedback on this.

Thanks.

Hi @dipak ,

Thank you, really appreciate it!!!

0 Likes

Hi @dipak ,

Any update on the topic? I am still wondering what to do (and what motherboard to buy)....

0 Likes

Hi @vmetodiev ,

Sorry, I haven't received any reply yet. I'll contact them again and let you know if I get any information on this.

Thanks.

Hi @dipak ,

Alright, thanks one more time! I hope they will respond soon.

0 Likes

Hi @vmetodiev ,

Just FYI, one of our engineers has shared a feedback here: https://community.amd.com/t5/devgurus-discussion/directgma-pcie-topology-requirements/m-p/448091#M40...

Thanks.

0 Likes