cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FirePro Development

eibach
Journeyman III

DirectGMA on Ubuntu 18.04

I have a Radeon Pro WX5100 and a WX7100 and want to evaluate DirectGMA. I have installed the latest Pro driver on Ubuntu 18.04. I have checked out the GitHub DirectGMA example. The Readme says that I have to use aticonfig to setup DirectGMA, but there is no aticonfig installed. Is it still required or is it replaced by a module parameter?

The example binary tries to load dynamically libadl but libadl seems to be deprecated. Where can I find an up to date example?

0 Likes
8 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

I'll check with the related team and get back to you shortly.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Any news?

0 Likes

I reported it to Radeon Pro team and I see, fsadough, who works on that team, already replied here. It seems you are already communicating with the right person.

Thanks.

0 Likes
fsadough

DGMA is supported for the following OS and API

• OpenGL windows
  • OpenGL linux
  • OpenCL Windows

GitHub - GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/DirectGMA_P2P: Samples showing FIrePro DirectGMA features in OpenG...

0 Likes

This is exactly what my question is about. README.md of the GitHub repo tells me to use aticonfig:

aticonfig --initial=dual-head --adapter=all -f aticonfig --set-pcs-val=MCIL,DMAOGLExtensionApertureMB,96 aticonfig --set-pcs-u32=KERNEL,InitialPhysicalUswcUsageSize,96 and reboot.

But the aticonfig tool is not shipped with the Radeon PRO driver for Ubuntu and I do not see another way to acquire it. Probably it is deprecated, the amdgpu kernel module has a parameter for directgma, maybe that is a replacement?

Then in common/ADLtool.cpp line 156 we have

dlopen("libatiadlxx.so", RTLD_LAZY|RTLD_GLOBAL);

But libatiadl does not ship with the Radeon PRO driver. Probably it is deprecated too.

So my question is about linux example code that actually works with the current Radeon PRO drivers.

0 Likes

Any progress on an up to date example?

0 Likes

Can you please PM me your email address?

0 Likes
c1229gpu
Journeyman III

All,

I have the same question.  I have worked with a previous AMD GPU that used the FGLRX driver.  On that setup i was able to use aticonfig to enable DirectGMA. 

I am now using a newer model GPU that no longer uses FGLRX but instead amdgpu.  Unfortunately it looks like the base amdgpu that comes with distro and amdgpu-pro doesn't provide access to aticonfig/amdconfig to initialize DirectGMA. 

I'm using Centos7.  Let me know the best way to proceed.

0 Likes