Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FirePro Development

vmetodiev
Adept II

DirectGMA Mellanox Connect-X5 NIC ---> Radeon Pro W6400

Hi DevGurus,

Is it possible to do DirectGMA between Mellanox Connect-X5 NIC and a Radeon Pro W6400 (or any other NIC vendor/model)?

Slide  #4 from 2014 suggests something similar: http://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2014/09/DirectGMA_Web.pdf

If so, could somebody suggest some recent tutorials and code samples for ROCm? 

0 Likes
8 Replies
fsadough

Not sure if I understood your inquiry. Do you want to copy data from Mellanox NIC card onto W6400 using ROCm? 

0 Likes
vmetodiev
Adept II

Hi @fsadough 

Yes, I want to transfer the packets received by the Меllanox NIC via DMA directly into the Radeon's GDDR memory - without traversing the CPU RAM at all.

0 Likes
fsadough

You didn't answer the second part of my question. Using ROCm? What is your OS? W6400 is not even ROCm compatible.

0 Likes
vmetodiev
Adept II

Hi @fsadough,

ROCm is not mandatory for me. My OS is Linux or FreeBSD/NetBSD.

Any API is fine for my application.

0 Likes

OK, validating if packets received by Mellanox Connect-X5 NIC can be transferred to a Radeon Pro W6400 GPU memory by DirectGMA is not part of our QA process. So, the answer is: "We don't know". Your best option is to acquire a W6400 and test your scenario. If it doesn't work, you have 30-day return policy from most of the vendors.

vmetodiev
Adept II

Hi @fsadough ,

Thanks for getting back to me! This is a good suggestion.

My last question is: Since W6400 is not supported by ROCm, what API or SDK should I use to program it in OpenCL/SyCL?

0 Likes

Or Vulkan

fsadough

And W6800 is supported by ROCm