Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

johnsmith7171
Adept II

Zero Rpm on 590 and others.

Hello!

Well, zero rpm and manual fan curve are not working properly for years, and the last method is not working either. ( Manual Fan Curve Zero RPM Fix )

So now, if you want to have zero rpm to work on your custom fan curve on your amd card (xml may vary depending on the card) you need to edit

it a little.

590 example:

1) Make your fan curve as you want, save it.

2)Open load profiles and select the saved one, open it with a notepad.

3) On <FEATURE ID="18" Enabled=" Make sure it is set to true. <FEATURE ID="18" Enabled="True"> That makes your Zero rpm on. Save it.

4) Reload it from the adrenaline "load profile" and accept.

Do not touch advanced fan control after that, it will be running your settings, any changes will set the true to false again, so no zero rpm. If you change and save, then you have to modify it to "true" again.

*Advanced control has to be disabled when you load your preset profile.

(disable - load - disable - load, do not apply anything)

0 Likes
2 Replies
lfx64
Adept II

Yes, but also there is the inverse problem of those with custom fan curves not wanting to use Zero RPM mode who has the minum 18% fan speed setting but are somehow still getting zero RPM. Check around here and you'll see.

AMD Radeon handling of profiles (mostly fan oriented handling) is atrocious. All other third party software can apply settings post-sleep, etc, but a hardware designer such as AMD doesn't have a developer that can accomplish such a feat. Bizarre.

How many more years until you sort custom profiles and profile application AMD? 

0 Likes
pichurri
Adept I

Same scenario here, this bug and others like the high memory frecuency in multimonitor and the poor linux support is what makes me buy an nvidia card the next time I upgrade my graphics card. Sad but true.

0 Likes