cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dbnoack12
Adept I

XTX RGB Software

Just seen the RGB tool was released, went to install and use it but it doesn't detect my card (MBA reference card from ASRock). Tried a few things myself and nothing changes. The software just says to "Plug in your AMD Device to get started" and if I manually open the firmware updater everything is greyed out 

System is a 5800X on a Aorus Master X570, 970 EVO boot drive, XTX is plugged directly into the gen4 x16 PCI-e slot, both monitors are plugged in via DisplayPort.

I have tried a HDMI cable, changing around the cables, wiping and reinstalling 22.12.2 drivers, etc...

1 Solution
dbnoack12
Adept I

Solved myself, borrowed my brothers PC for a minute and the firmware updater detected it so now it works fine in my system.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Check out this thread, you aren't the only one with this kind of issue:

https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/rx-7900-xtx-refrence-card-rgb-tool/m-p/569100#M166109

One user managed to get it working by just connecting one monitor, another one got it working by using a different DP port on the card.

0 Likes

I tried both of those things, tried different monitor configs, individual, cables, etc. Tried DDU and reinstalling but nothing has changed

0 Likes
dbnoack12
Adept I

Solved myself, borrowed my brothers PC for a minute and the firmware updater detected it so now it works fine in my system.

0 Likes