Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rezifour
Newcomer

XFX RX 590 Dual Display Causing Stutter Every 5 Seconds

Hi all,

I recently purchased an xfx rx 590 graphics card and starting experiencing a frame stutter issue when plugging in a second monitor via the display port.

This issue only appears to be happening when using any monitor via the display port. Everything works perfectly when running 1 monitor via hdmi.

When I plug in a second monitor the issue will instantly appear. If I try to run 1 monitor via display port the same thing will happen.

I have tried the 18.12.1, 18.12.2, and 18.12.3 drivers and nothing seems to make a difference. I do not believe this is an issue with the card because when I completely uninstall the drivers the default windows drivers kick in and are able to run both monitors in mirror mode without any lag/freezing/stuttering issues. Unfortunately I have to use the amd drivers to get the 1440p resolution to work on the monitors. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this issue but I believe there is something wrong with the drivers available in to support my second monitor via the display port.

Any help would be appreciated!

Specs:

2 - Dell SR2320L monitors

XFX RX 590

i5-6600k

16gb ram

GA-z170 mobo

0 Likes
2 Replies
seliboy67
Journeyman III

My rx 590 completly shutdown when i am using two screens. İt happens when the temperature get 73 degrees.

0 Likes

All driver issues should be reported to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes