cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mottoman216
Adept III

Re: Xfx R9 390x Screen Freezing computer unresponsive

try this... either down clock your CPU some or increase your core voltage slightly.  my buddy had an asus motherboard that claimed to have support for the new 9590 220w CPU but wasn't stable at all keeping it at stock speeds. he ended up having to down clock it to 3.6ghz to keep it from crashing.

i'd try upping the voltages first... if that doesn't work then try down clocking.

PS: make sure you're using the most current motherboard bios available from gigabyte.

lyrewarlord
Adept I

Ok,

thanks for the reply...

I am a qualified noob when it comes to overclocking lol, so i can try that, but the extent of my "overclocking" was upping the power limit on my card and underclocking my 280x from 1000 to 950. I will have to try that, normally the cpu runs at its stock 4.7 and sometimes turbos but not normally.

Ill have to see,

0 Likes
lyrewarlord
Adept I

So,

I disabled the turbo feature of the cpu, now it runs at 4.7Ghz normally, so far hasn't crashed. Maybe you were on to something.

Thanks,

0 Likes
lyrewarlord
Adept I

Its been 8 days since i disabled the turbo feature, 8 days without crashes. Thanks for the help, I am being cautious on selecting "Correct Answer" due to the fact that it could come back, but if i hadn't disabled turbo it would still be crashing so thank you for the help.

0 Likes