cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

THICC_D0GG0
Adept II

XFX AMD RADEON RX580 GTS XXX EDITION 8GB SHUT DOWN PC WHILE GAMING OR WHEN EVER IT WANTS

I am having a lot of issues when i installed heavier games (i was only playing league of legends and CS:GO) now that i have far cry new dawn crysis remastered blair witch warzone. A lot of times my gpu crashes 1st thing the screen goes black and turns off my keyboard light and mouse then my computer restarts automatically. Then when windows 10 boot i always get a message from radeon drivers [default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected system failure]. The weird thing is that i never change the settings like the temperatures and stuff i left them at default. I also tried to set up my temperatures with fan speed but same thing happened. I never overclocked it and never underclocked it! I tried installing diffrent windows versions and amd drivers. but never solved my issue. Do you guys think that it is a psu problem? 

cpu: 1500x ram:g.skill 3200mhz 16 cas latenscy mobo:b450m ds3h psu: innovator 650w 

Please Help!!!!!

I also went to my shop that i bought i sent it for repair or give the money back, but after 3 weeks they said that they didint find anything wrong when they benchmarked the gpu and stress tested it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yea, 2 +12v rails at 18A and 20A means outdated ATX spec and downright dangerous to use these days due to the potential of insufficient power delivery...Use HWiNFO64 and monitor your +12v voltage under load, if it drops under 11.9v, that's the cause.

image.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Sounds like what used to be called, may still be called, the VPU is locking up due to corrupt data and is forcing a system restart when it cannot recover, which is caused by one of three things:

1) Faulty card. Not likely in this case as it worked perfectly in another system.
2) Overheating. Not likely in this case as it is not exceeding 95*C.
3) Insufficient power. Quite likely the cause. Post a picture of the sticker on the side of the PSU which lists wattage and amperage.

IMG_20201122_145546 (2).jpg

0 Likes

Yea, 2 +12v rails at 18A and 20A means outdated ATX spec and downright dangerous to use these days due to the potential of insufficient power delivery...Use HWiNFO64 and monitor your +12v voltage under load, if it drops under 11.9v, that's the cause.

image.png

2020-11-22 21_15_28-Greenshot capture form.png

BRO YOU SAVED ME IT WAS ACTUALLY THE POWER SUPPLY FAULT. I tried both of my 8 pins and scored lower than 11.9

0 Likes

2020-11-22 21_15_28-Greenshot capture form.png

BRO YOU SAVED ME IT WAS ACTUALLY THE POWER SUPPLY FAULT. I tried both of my 8 pins and scored lower than 11.9

0 Likes

If OP concurs this topic should be marked as solved

0 Likes
thecapo1999
Adept I

put the clock speed frequency at 1300Mhz on AMD wattman

0 Likes