cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

otterfluff
Adept I

xcom 2 crossfire profile in the works?

Xcom 2 works with a 1x1 crossfire but the lightning has flickering. Is it possible that amd will release a proper crossfire profile for this? This game is very demanding and @ 4k resolution and crossfire becomes a must to get over 25-30fps on a Fury X.

This is one of the games where crossfire is highly beneficial.

Computer:

16.1.1 Catalyst beta

Windows 10 64 bit

Twin Fury X crossfire setup

Intel i7 4790k

0 Likes
24 Replies
annaray
Adept I

Re: xcom 2 crossfire profile in the works?

I dont have twin fury but twin 290x and existing recommendations on the net dont work. Also 16.1.1 does nort help with xcom2 profile and aa on zero

Since Witcher 3 amd radeon crossfire becomes a real problem. Top games dont work anymore with crossfire.and I dont want solutions with AA disabled.

I was an AMD supporter  for 10 years ( before that ATI) but if this go on with the new games coming, I switch to NVidia

0 Likes
mavericksy19
Adept II

I'm also running 2 Fury X cards on a 5960X X99 MB.  16.1.1 and same issue as the OP. 

Annaray this is typical for new games.  A lot of times unless they work with the graphics card makers ahead of time they wont support SLI or Crossfire.  Right now this game doesn't support SLI either unless you make a bunch of settings changed the average user wont want to or know how to do.  Nvidia owners complain just as much as AMD card owners but they all paid $100-200 more a card for 2-4 more fps so I don't feel bad having my AMD cards.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the thread chaps. I will pass on your request to the driver team.

0 Likes
annaray
Adept I

The problem is that major new games are proudly positing Nvidia and ofc cooperating with their drivers before the game comes out

That sets AMD in the cold and us Radeon users as well.It took months for AMD to make Witcher3 playable with 2 cards or mgsv or the previous Tombraider. The new Tombraider is still not working fine.

I really mean it.  I didn t buy two cards to finish a game for 50-80% with one card before a hotfix comes out to play the game in crossfire. Nvidia has SLI problems too but to  a much lesser degree than AMD

0 Likes
mavericksy19
Adept II

I rarely play games at release anymore because of dual card support from both Nvidia and AMD.  I don't think Nvidia is any better at this point.  I used to run SLI and there was always a wait to get that to work well too.  I have had some mainstream games like BF3/4 and DAI all support Crossfire at release without any major issues.  XCom 2 is the first title I have bought at release in a while that didn't work right.  Have not played Witcher 3 or new TR games yet though. 

I do think that CF support was faster for games when they used to release those profiles separately from drivers.  You used to get those same day or within a few days of release.

0 Likes
mavericksy19
Adept II

Looks like latest 16.2 beta drivers include XCOM 2 Crossfire profile.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.2

mavericksy19
Adept II

amdmatt - ok so these beta drivers 16.2 added a Crossfire profile that yes, it is enabled by default if you play the game.  But the performance is horrible.  Using the same in game graphics settings and only installing these drivers it cut my FPS from 80+ on save I had to 45 loaded into the same saved location.  So I had to go into the game profile settings and disable crossfire so I could get back up to 80+.  This is running 2 Fury X cards on a X99 MB.  First time I think I ever had Crossfire lower my performance.  Cut in half as a matter of fact.

I load up MSI Afterburner and its showing one card going to 100% and the other will drop to 0 and back and forth, its almost like it can't decide which card to run the game from where typically in a game like Dragon Age Inquisition where Crossfire works very well you will see both cards humming along at a solid 100% GPU utilization, putting out 80+ FPS with all graphics at max 2560x1440.

0 Likes
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

The issue could be caused by fluctuating core clocks, rather than the CrossFire profile. I will pass on your feedback though, thank you.

0 Likes
otterfluff
Adept I

Yes the crossfire profile is working nicely and now I can play smoothly on 4k resoultion instead of down sizing to 1440p

Thank you amd you have made my day! ❤️