cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Re: X570: NVMe RAID0 very slow with 2 x Intel P45x0 NAND SSDs - but SSDs perform fast individually (also at the same time) - but 2 x Optane RAID0 as fast as expected

Yes, I also use such a bay for standard SATA drives since I find it quite useful to be able to easily swap drives without having to open up a system and remove components to get to an M.2 slot, for example.

This is the reason why I use these U.2 drives. I see the point of M.2 drives in laptops etc. but since I'm an old-fashioned dude that doesn't have a window on the PC case I prefer easy access to components over minimalistic builds that look nice on photos.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: X570: NVMe RAID0 very slow with 2 x Intel P45x0 NAND SSDs - but SSDs perform fast individually (also at the same time) - but 2 x Optane RAID0 as fast as expected

U.2 drives are harder to leverage as they use the same 4 lanes of PCIe which tend to be in short supply with AM4.

I have a cable that can connect a U.2 drive to an M.2 slot which affords the ability to install the unit for use or file recovery etc.

Micron has a 30TB SSD which I have considered for the gaming box, but I ended up with the Intel 665p 2TB SSD

0 Likes
christianushuaia
Journeyman III

Re: X570: NVMe RAID0 very Slow Sequential Read with 2 x Intel P45x0 NAND SSDs - but SSDs perform fast individually (also at the same time) - but 2 x Optane RAID0 as fast as expected

Hi there, I have the same issue: 2 x Adata Falcon 512GB NVMe PCIe3.0x4 RAID 0 Array on an ASUS x570 TUF Gaming Plus (WIFI) + Ryzen 5 3600XT (RAID 0 Chipset+CPU Slots). Reading Speeds are the same as 1 nvme drive tested on Crystal Disk Mark. The Adata Falcons are rated 3500mb/s read 1500mb/s write (Dramless). And the speed on RAID 0 aren't great at all. What could it be?, It could be possible to get a new and better Raid Driver revision in the near future?.

nvme2.jpg

nvme3.jpgnvme4.jpgnvme5.jpg

Also is it posible anything like having a bad nvme performer? A bad nvme drive?.

0 Likes
hardcoregames_
Big Boss

Re: X570: NVMe RAID0 very Slow Sequential Read with 2 x Intel P45x0 NAND SSDs - but SSDs perform fast individually (also at the same time) - but 2 x Optane RAID0 as fast as expected

Intel and Samsung are both known to use a RAM cache to improve performance

RAM less SSD have to depend on the controller to provide all of the bandwidth.

0 Likes