Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

thunders
Journeyman III

x399 raid nvme under linux

Hi guys,

I just bought a new system based on threadripper and wanted to use a dual boot system on my nvme raid.

Windows is installed and works as expected but I'm unable to install ubuntu as the nvme raid is not detected. I did recompiled the rcraid.ko from this link : Chipset to be able to load it in ubuntu 17.10. Thanks to that it detects the sata raid but not the nvme raid so I'm still stuck.

In case it can help someone, here is the link to the recompile rcraid.ko https://ufile.io/t13b5 (link valid for 30days only)

Is there a more up-to-date driver that handles the nvme raid ? If not, what should I do to make it work/detect the nvme raid under linux ?

Let me know if you need more informations.

Thank you!

1 Reply
ramchyld
Elite

I'm having the same question with both the NVMe RAID and SATA RAID, and I'm also curious as to why AMD releasing the RAID driver as a binary blob instead of contributing documentation and support straight to the responsible parties (ie the Linux Kernel Team)?

Because, frankly, the current driver isn't really usable to me as I've already moved on to Ubuntu 17.10. The version of Ubuntu Linux supported by the given driver is severely outdated by three generations of Ubuntu (16.04 vs 17.10). Immediately I'm getting an error complaining of implicit declaration of function 'sigfillset' in rc_mem_ops.c

0 Likes