cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pilp
Journeyman III

WX2100 and RX580 one monitor mouse stutter

I have an RX580 and a WX2100 card. If I plug two monitors to either one of these cards, all is fine except for some flickering now and then on the LG32UK550B. However, if I use only one monitor (regardless of which), the mouse pointer stutters like crazy. I've never seen anything like this before. I've updated the driver to the last available ones.  Does anyone know what could the cause be?

Monitor setup: Dell p2715q and LG 32UK550-B

Thanks.

2 Replies
nickirwin
Journeyman III

there are two things involved here - monitor and mouse... and i am suggest how can you fix if any of them is faulty.

For the dual monitors (which is more likely the issue), you need to check if their refresh rates and resolutions are synced... that's a very important thing but equally unnoticeable as well. Go to the Settings > Display > Advanced Display settings. Under the 'Refresh Rate' section, select the same frequency for both monitors. If that doesn't fixes it, try matching the display resolution as well.

For mouse (assuming that monitors are perfect), you should first check a few things like the polling rate, clicks per second, wireless connection band etc. The polling rate should be around 800 - 1000Hz normally and the wireless band needs to be 2.4GHz if you use a wireless mouse. 

I hope with these two things, you can get your mouse work perfectly on both the monitors. Cheers!

0 Likes
nickirwin
Journeyman III

Just realised one more thing that you should check. See if your HDMI cable for the second monitor is fine. Try swapping cable if required.

0 Likes