cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

donrain
Journeyman III

WWE 2K19 After Adrenalin 2020 Update

After update to latest 2020 driver the game stopped working. It shows loading splash screen and then closes itself without any error. Game worked just fine on previous version of the driver.

I did all i could to make the game work again, no sucess until now.

Anyone else with such problem?

9 Replies
jacques_10
Journeyman III

I am facing the same issue, I tested all my other games and none of them has this problem. I even did a clean reinstall of the game, tested it and Nada...did the DLC updates and again Nada.... I atleast got Battlefield 4 sorted eventually. 

tonyangelv
Adept I

Same here, not only crashes with WWE 2K19, but also with every single WWE game.

0 Likes

Yes, I'm having the same issue. It appears to be a bug in the latest drivers I suspect.

Here's the error I can see in the EventViewer after the game crashes:

Faulting application name: WWE2K19_x64.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c394612
Faulting module name: atidxx64.dll, version: 26.20.15003.5016, time stamp: 0x5df7d2d3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000033b680
Faulting process id: 0xd10
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5bed0f58ac535
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WWE 2K19\WWE2K19_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\u0349841.inf_amd64_01bbb629805d901e\B349895\atidxx64.dll
Report Id: 080cf5d9-6adb-4f5a-b77a-f0d799a17a7b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

0 Likes
bostoneggshells
Journeyman III

Couldn't get it to work with either 19.12.2 or 19.12.3. Had to download 19.11.3 drivers and the game can run again. I also sent a report to AMD Issue Reporting Form at amdsurveys.

0 Likes

I've opened up a ticket with 2K games and they may have found the solution. It doesn't appear to be AMD related at all.

They've asked me to open a command prompt and run the following command:

pathping -n 104.255.107.131

My PC can't connect to that IP address so it's a networking issue on their end. They should be working on the issue now.

**Update** Apparently, I was wrong. The tech got back to me with nothing helpful but to do a safe boot and then try the game. So apparently this is still most likely an AMD issue and I've tried to open a support ticket with AMD to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
leonidas_88
Journeyman III

Same issue here. I've only encountered it today because I haven't played "WWE 2K19" in over a month, but it's pretty much the same "WWE2K19_x64.exe <---> atidxx64.dll" problem with the game launching and then, a few seconds later, crashing/closing itself.

I've tried different graphical combinations within AMD's panel and even some older versions of the "2020 Edition" with no positive end result, and as I really don't want to revert to the "2019 Edition", for now I'll just send a support ticket and wait.

Bad boy, AMD! Bad boy...

0 Likes
grumpywolf
Journeyman III

Same issue, 2k support was worthless, they wanted to first blame my internet, then they wanted to blame windows dll files. Then when I finally pulled snips directly from the msinfo and dxdiag they FINALLY agreed it was a driver issue. This happens with wwe 2k20 also. I have tried on 2 PC's, 3 different 5700 series cards all crash. Pop a nvidia card back in and it works fine. 2K refuses to help or communicate with AMD. AMD please fix this. 

0 Likes
tonyangelv
Adept I

- A limited number of games such as Nioh™, Dragon Quest Builders 2™, WWE™2K20, Dead or Alive 6™ and Atelier Ryza™ may crash or fail to launch.

The newest AMD Adrenalin 2020 20.1.3 driver fixed this issue and now it's possible to play this game without any problem, I tested it.

Thanks AMD for hearing us.

Thread closed.

I have good news! I just installed AMD's latest driver version 20.1.3 and it has resolved the issue! Please make sure you update to the latest driver ASAP.

0 Likes