cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

0x00001337
Journeyman III

Wrong aspect ratio after driver installing

Greetings. When I install drivers on my RX 5700 graphics card, my resolution changes from 16:9 1920x1080 to 16:10 1680x1050. Installing an older driver version does not help. The problem is corrected only by full reinstallation of Windows and driver installation, before the first reboot the computer works correctly, after reboot aspect ratio and resolution RIP again. If you uninstall the driver, the resolution is fine but I cannot use 144hz. Can you please tell me if someone has experienced this problem before?

0 Likes
1 Reply
amdplsfixyourdrivers
Journeyman III

I don't know if you still need this but I had the same problem, driver was listing one 16:9 resolution and rest of it was 16:10.

For me cause was Windows ignoring every rule I put to disable automatic driver update and forcefully installing old and buggy version of Adrenalin

0Qkt76k

I used DDU to remove the old driver, rebooted out of safe mode to install the new one and when the installation is finished I blocked the driver updates by specific ID:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/146562-prevent-windows-update-updating-specific-device-driver.ht...

BUT this method will block both automatic AND manual driver install/updates, so you have to unblock it when you need to update again

It is an awful fix but at least it works

0 Likes