cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

gypsygoos3
Adept I

Wraith Prism software not changing colors?

I have a MSI X470 Gaming Plus motherboard with Ryzen 7 2700x CPU and the Wraith Prism cooler.

When I run the program for it, no matter what changes I make are not working? I set the colors, press "Apply" but nothing? The first time I started the program, there was a firmware update which I did, but still nothing? It's connected to the RGB pin on my motherboard, and running Windows 10 Pro, Any advice would be appreciated!

AMD prism.jpg

4 Replies
pablo0208
Journeyman III

Hi Gypsy

i too had this problem & spent many hours searching. Luckily I stumbled upon a fix , community user below did this & i have done the same, i.e using another spare USB header on motherboard & hey presto ... cooler master prism software working... DONT BOTHER placing it back onto the original 4pin USB header as it wont work & win10 wont recognise the port in the device manager

please thank jasonamd for his idea, im just reposting it as helpful

by jasonamd on 20-Nov-2018 13:00

I was able to come up with a bandaid fix for this. Instead of using the AMD LED Fan USB Header, I connected the Wraith Prism USB cable to a USB 2.0 Header and the device was recognized immediately/installed by Windows as an AM4 SR4 cooler and the Cooler Master software worked effortlessly. I attempted a firmware update but the fan was already up to date. I then reconnected the fan to the AMD LED Fan USB Header but it once again was not recognized by Windows or Cooler Master software.

0 Likes
kcak47mopr
Journeyman III

I'm having similar issues and I made a post about it would someone please help me with my issue it's a little different than this one but all most the same I really need help

0 Likes
pablo0208
Journeyman III

by jasonamd on 20-Nov-2018 13:00

I was able to come up with a bandaid fix for this. Instead of using the AMD LED Fan USB Header, I connected the Wraith Prism USB cable to a USB 2.0 Header and the device was recognized immediately/installed by Windows as an AM4 SR4 cooler and the Cooler Master software worked effortlessly. I attempted a firmware update but the fan was already up to date. I then reconnected the fan to the AMD LED Fan USB Header but it once again was not recognized by Windows or Cooler Master software.

So  the user is saying keep connected to the usb 2 header  on the motherboard to the sr4 cooler (wraith prism)

0 Likes
a7mdyu
Journeyman III

guys i have the same problem but i found the solution

there ise 2 port side by side one for the usb leave it plugged but unplug the other won after that you can control everything you want

0 Likes