cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

somet
Adept II

World of warcraft has issues with DX 12?

I currently have 2 * RX 480s I have been having this issue on the previous driver and currently driver version 19.6.1

Basically when playing World of warcraft, fully up to date btw, when I have it set to DX 12 the game crashes. When it is set to DX 11 it does not crash at all. I have reported this as an issue over a month ago to AMD and thought it would have been fixed in the most recent driver update. I have tried clean installing the graphics drivers and all sorts and nothing seems to fix it. I even read on another post someone reseated the cards and dusted the inside of the PC I also tried this and it did not fix it. I mean the game runs fine on DX 11 anyway so it's not a major issue, but I like the look of DX 12 better. Hopefully this can be fixed? Also please post if your having similar issues.

0 Likes
8 Replies

What error(s) do you get when the game crashes?

What is your computer information?

It is possible this isn't a Driver problem but a Game Patch problem for the WoW according to this thread at WoW Forum: WoW Increased RAM usage after patch - Technical Support - World of Warcraft Forums 

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

DX12 MultiGPU support is handled by the app, not the driver.

blackd1
Journeyman III

Try to reinstall the game or the DirectX. I am a very old player, and I know about such issues. In this games such bugs appear regularly, and the only thing that actually helps is reinstalling of the entire game or of the DirectX. By the way, did you notice how difficult is this became? I am already getting bored of doing same actions - quests, farm, raids. Again and again. I am not a child anymore, and I don't have so much time to waste. This is why I started to use a booster wow classic. This thing saves a lot of my time. Now I can skip the not interesting part, and to play only on high levels, which is much more interesting.

0 Likes
somet
Adept II

Fed up of getting notifications for this after all this time, so let me repeat myself. I set it to DX 11 and it fixed the problem. The fact it don't work with DX 12 you need to take up with WoW. I am not to fussy its on DX 11 as I run it on an old screen thats not high res anyway. I know for some of you this may not be the case, but again if that is not the case for just take it up with the guys who make WoW, last time I did this I think they closed my support topic right away though and pretty much ignored me lol.

0 Likes

Ok, now I got it. It's pretty awkward, because I can run WoW with DirectX12.

0 Likes

Good for you.

0 Likes
countertoploh
Journeyman III

lol, why did you installed 2 rx 480 to play world of warcraft?

0 Likes

I don't use them for playing games normally.

Mods can we get this guy banned please for going off topic, thanks.

0 Likes