Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

World of Final Fantasy Water is Missing 17.10.x 17.11.x

This game just came out this week. I've tested it with RX Vega 64 and have found that the water textures are not being rendered. It shows no water in the the lake so boats appear to float as if they are airships or something. Issue is present in all RX Vega series compatible drivers up to the current 17.11.2.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: World of Final Fantasy Water is Missing 17.10.x 17.11.x

Please can you provide more information so we can investigate? Please provide a DXDIAG report and attach it (do not copy past) to your next post, along with screenshots showing the issue, game image quality settings and a brief summary of how to reproduce the issue. ray_m

0 Kudos
spiritwalker
Adept I
Adept I

Here is a link to another forum on your website World of Final Fantasy Water is Missing - RX 460 17.11.2

These questions and concerns were posted before driver update 17.11.4 which was released yesterday...and guess what still not fixed

0 Kudos
ray_m
Community Manager
Community Manager

The changes were locked into the 17.11.4 driver were locked in way before this issue was reported.

It is near impossible to force last minute changes and fixes into a scheduled driver release.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

It's actually very easy to reproduce. Just install the game on any computer running Radeon software version 17.x.x and the problem will occur. I know as of now I have tested as far back as 17.7.1 and the issue exists in that one. I am aware that 17.7.x is the driver family prior to the RX Vega launch so this issue exists in older drivers as well. The game is DX11 based.

Since AMD folks have responded to me on this thread I want to also bring up another rendering related issue that has existed on 17.8.x (all releases post RX Vega) for the Hyperdimension Neptunia series which are all OpenGL rendered games.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1, Re;Birth2, Re;Birth3 Graphics Corruption in the 3d game world

This other issue is even more severe as it affects three different games, and has existed in 17.8.x and newer. The 17.7.x and older did not have this problem.

These are the types of issues that should be treated with high priority since they tarnish the Radeon brand name. World of Final Fantasy and the Hyperdimension series are both not challenging games to render so expecting these games to work fine is almost a no-brainer. This along with the Nier Automata bug that took months to fix indicate to me that Japanese developers aren't in contact with the Radeon team or aren't really testing their games on the red team platform.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please provide the information i requested above and i can file a ticket for engineering to take a look at reproducing.

0 Kudos
theacclaimed
Miniboss
Miniboss

Attached is the DXDIAG report as requested.

Here is a screenshot where the characters are standing by a pond in a park. The pond has no water. This is rendered by an RX Vega 64.

pastedImage_0.png

Here are the graphics settings. It doesn't matter if it's fullscreen or windowed. Shadow Resolution and Post-Processing also make no difference.

pastedImage_1.png

For comparison purposes below is what the same screenshot should look like when rendered correctly.

pastedImage_2.png

This is rendered by a GTX 1080 at the same settings. Notice the water in the pond. In the first screenshot the pond is empty. It seems water and other translucent objects are not being rendered by the Radeon card instead showing up as empty or invisible.

amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks, I'll raise a ticket.

0 Kudos
amdmatt
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please don't bring other issues into this thread, you can create a new thread for separate issues.

0 Kudos
spiritwalker
Adept I
Adept I

New update still no fix 

”adrenaline” drivers   yeah felt the adrenaline when i saw WOFF still not fixed...matt you have been waiting for someone to send you screenshots and dxdiag before you raise ticket? Really?

Scuse my egnorance but can nobody at your company install and test the game? Please help us better understand and avoid future frustration...

0 Kudos