cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

pureocean
Adept I

With 18.4.1, BSOD issue can be resolved on R7

I'm trying version 18.4.1 for a week (Driver version: 24.20.11001.5003).
So far, no BSOD. I can be confirms that it not causing to BSOD ("System Thread Exception Not Handled" -> atikmdag.sys).

Wow. Finally, AMD developers, thank you!

Of course, I can't write any a comment about performance of the driver (because I don't play games).

I recommends to R7 240/250 users to installing this driver version. In this way, incoming feedbacks can help AMD for officially will be announce that this issue has been resolved in the "Release Notes -> Fixed Issues" section of Driver.

My system infos;
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 240 (Product ID: 113-AD58100-200 / Code Name: Oland Pro)
CPU:
AMD Phenom II X3 710
Mainboard
: GigaByte MA790X-UD3P
RAM: Kingston 4 GB DDR2

PSU:: HighPower 400W

7 Replies
kiritokash
Journeyman III

Hi. I just installed this new version. I will be testing during the week. If I see that I do not have problems or if I have them I will notify. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
aewass
Journeyman III

Been two weeks m8, still no BSOD's? I really want to update to latest drivers but the thought of me having to DDU and reinstall 17.11 for the x-th time isn't really appealing anymore.

0 Likes

Hello, it's too early to say, only 4 days have passed, but so far I have not had a blue screen, and that I have the computer about 20 hours on almost every day.

0 Likes

Mine is up for the most of the day. I ended up reverting back to Crimson, since there's a thread on reddit about BSOD's with 18.4.1. Same thing that was happening before.

0 Likes

Nothing to do with this thread issue just nomenclature of M8.

LoL, Finally figured out what m8 means. m8=Mate.  I noticed that plumboby ​ uses that quite frequently and couldn't figure out what the hell he was talking about.

0 Likes
plumboby
Miniboss

sorry being a lazy kiwi using easy txt instead of words my bad sorry for short handing words.

0 Likes

I wasn't criticizing you just wondering what m8 meant. LoL.

0 Likes