cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

enixmage
Journeyman III

Re: Witcher 3

Yeah Hbao+ hurts performance and imo is barely a difference from ssao in certain situations I can see it, Assassin's Creed 4 for example, though here Idk I don't see it,

I've heard there's no crossfire support for it and that's really bad,,Though you can run it on single Gpu , but that's no excuse

Far as Hairworks it isn't happening unless you drop Tesselation . We get like a 67% drop in frames. Now in 1080p I noticed some things in 8x I didn't like but I'm fairly picky.

In 2560x1440p it's cool.. If your popping up to 1800 then you should be cool also.

0 Likes
deesee76
Journeyman III

If it makes anyone happier, i have 295x2 in quadfire paired with i7 4790k with 16Gb.

In 4k, ultra everything under "graphics setting" is unplayable ~ 20fps.   Ultra everything in 2k hovers around 35-50fps depending on options.   Running latest beta drivers which are optimised for GTA5.  I also turned off all settings under "post processing".  Very disappointing performance on amd cards.  Whereas dragon age inquisition and gta5 runs in 4k flawlessly (60fps+).

Really hope new drivers will up the performance.  

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

Well that's because Crossfire doesn't work properly in this game yet, wether you have two or four GPU's...

0 Likes
enixmage
Journeyman III

Yeah until the 15.5 beta's come out you'll have to run the 295 as a single card. I'm pulling 60fps in 1920x1080 with hairworks and Hbao+ on or 60 in 2560x1440 with no hairworks.Also using Sweetfx profile that drops around 5-7 fps..It's fairly easy to hit these numbers. I have a 290 slightly OC'd (7% pretty much makes it in line with a 290x performance wise), so you should get around that performance.

Crossfire is broken in this game and in project cars till new drivers come out. This config tool will help you max stuff out (and go higher than ultra) once you get a proper crossfire profile. W3HC - Witcher 3 Hunter's Config incl. SweetFX at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community

0 Likes
athlona
Journeyman III

The Witcher 3:-

Email from CD Projekt Red Support this response is totally useless to me why are these company’s not working together as there are only two real GPU manufactures out there on PC??? This is the main reason the PC gaming industry is in such a mess. AMD really need to chance their drivers as we believe as and when! To drivers even if it a BETA not every month but just before a AAA release comes out or to fix issues as they arise . And for Nvidia drivers only make the effort for the latest GPUs on the market Kepler runs worse now to poorly written drivers or is it on propose? 

I have just made the move from The GREEN Team a month ago from a Nvidia Titan due mainly from me purchasing a 40” 4K Display and it couldn’t drive this Resolution. So the only other Team is Team RED to a 295x2 much faster card from my Titan for sure but Drivers are so poor indeed.

All we ask for are Drivers from both AMD & Nvidia that work for the latest AAA games on release date and Crossfire & SLI work without issues that is in a NUT shell! Not hard as we all pay a lot for our GPUs

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-05-26 11:28] (*********************)‏

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-05-26 11:28] (*********************)‏

PC Support (pc_support@cdprojektred.com)

Add to contacts

10:22

[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]

To: (*********************)‏

pc_support@cdprojektred.com

Parts of this message have been blocked for your safety.

Show content|I trust pc_support@cdprojektred.com. Always show content.

Hello there,

we're still waiting for drivers from AMD since they didn't provide them yet. In contrary, nvidia released their drivers on the day of the release.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but the only solution for now is to play in HD and wait for the AMD drivers.

Kind regards,

Marcin Kulikowski

On 26 May 2015 at 11:28, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:

Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Platform: Windows

OS version: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Amount of RAM: 16318MB

Graphic card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Screen resolution: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver update-date: 4/10/2015 19:58:14, 1358192 bytes

Boxed or digital: digital

Vendor: GOG.com

Game code: (*********************)‏

User email: (*********************)‏

Problem description:

Hi, I am experiencing AMD Crossfire Issues with my 295x2 GPU when Crossfire is enabled I am getting treble screen flashing which make for a unplayable gaming experience. If I disable Crossfire the Flashing does go away but my system is running a 4K display and the drop in FPS is way too great. I am running the latest patch 1.04 which has improved performance but still not enough to run outside of crossfire. If this is a AMD GPU Driver still why didn’t you quality check The Witcher 3 running on either the 14.4 Dec 2014 or the latest 15.4 drivers so we AMD users could play the game using Crossfire as that would have been useful. I know the game is a Nvidia game but still should run on AMD hardware as well. So please can you confirm why crossfire doesn’t work thanks? Been waiting for the game for a long time… Mr (*********************)‏

--

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

en.cdprojektred.com/support

CD PROJEKT S.A.

ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warsaw, Poland

thewitcher.com | cyberpunk.net | cdprojektred.com

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

What settings are you using, since there's no way you can pull a steady 60fps on 1080p with all settings maxed on an R9 290(X).

0 Likes

The Witcher 3 is an nVidia Gameworks game which has proprietary, obfuscated code which AMD has to figure out. And as long as you are complaining, why aren't you complaining that CD Projekt has released 4 large patches for a game in less than two weeks and is working on a 5th?

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

The main complaint is that there's no CFX profile, while SLI works fine. I couldn't care less about Hairworks-performance (well okay I care a little, but it's not that important to me at the moment).

0 Likes
enixmage
Journeyman III

Sure you can. The Biggest one for Fps gain is to disable Hairworks, if you want to keep it enabled though Open up CC panel (make a profile for witcher 3.exe under gaming / 3d app settings) and at the bottom change the Tessellation override app settings and set it to 8x. Using the app I linked you can change a TON of settings (or edit the ini's yourself. There's 3 .ini files in all. Also make sure game is updated 1.04 and Force 16x AF there was a bug in 1.01 where you had to force it in CC or it would default to 2x, idk if that's been fixed or not but forcing it in CC won't hurt either or. If you need help tweaking it just gimmie a yell.

0 Likes
athlona
Journeyman III

Disable Hairworks on 4k ultra gave me 5 extra FPS that not the answer better Drivers is the answer so my Crossfire kicks in then I believe I would see a FPS of 40-45 giving me a much better experience. Someone on a forum said The Witcher 3 is the new Crysis 3 in benchmarking what a joke as it looks in no way better at all...

0 Likes