Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Cornugon
Miniboss

Re: Witcher 3

troisdoigtsdtc schreef:

Hi,

Same question here. Nvidia publish their drive BEFORE that the game was out. More optimisation etc etc. Still nothing for ATI. And i just check download driver.

You are aware of the fact that The Witcher 3 is sponsored by nVidia so that it's not so strange that nVidia releases their drivers for it in a timely matter? And that, secondly, nVidia isn't exactly famous for being a fair player, so that AMD probably only got their hands on the code until very recently?

You know that the LAST TRUSTED driver (not beta) have the date 12/9/2014 woot woot ! ATI one year without "official" driver ? 8 month !! Some people can praticaly have baby in two release of catalyst \o/

Wait...are you confusing the US date format (by putting the month in front of the day) with the more 'universal' date format (day-month-year)? Because the 14.12 Omega was released on 9th of december last year, not exactly 8 months ago...

And...this again. Just because drivers aren't tested by Microsoft doesn't mean they're not 'official'...

0 Likes

I haven't seen any reviews from the reputable sources yet, only that there was a large day 1 patch to fix issues. I might get it next year when it goes 85% off on GOG and all the bugs, both on the developer and driver sides, have been ironed out, but I still haven't really played TW2. I lost my gamepad and the new control system in TW2 vs TW1 threw me for such a loop.

0 Likes
madflasher
Journeyman III

Only 25fps on 7990 on max =( We need cf profile asap

0 Likes
madflasher
Journeyman III

Just remember Far Cry 4 with four month without cf profile =(

0 Likes
backFireX64
Forerunner

Alright, i gave it myself a try with custom AFR crossfirex mode through CCC/ 3d application and game profiles. Using ULTRA settings except NVIDIA Hairworks=off (or else it kills my fps), all post processing effects enabled with HBAO+=on, 1080p 60hz vsync. Running on core i7 975 (~4.00 Ghz) and 2 HD5970 cards (4 gpus) on 880/1000 Mhz:

witcher 3 - ULTRA/ HBAO+ photo witcher3 ULTRA-HBAO_zpsvm0v74xo.png

It shows some really promising scaling performance for future drivers/ patches, but as @jawadsmokii said, there is A LOT of flickering that needs to be sorted out first, before i can actually start enjoying playing this wonderful game.

0 Likes
jamfilleddelight
Journeyman III

Honestly, a single 290x (i'm using an XFX DD) handles this game well on ultra without the salon treatment. Of course, i couldn't resist and had to go into the usersettings.ini file and amp everything up a bit, which cut my FPS in halfish. I was running at about 50-65 fps, and now i'm at 27-45. If and when a Crossfire profile does become available, my lonely second 290x can stop crying in the corner and come out and play.

It really isn't as bad as people are making it to seem, though, and i haven't stumbled into any game-breaking bugs.

Anyway, back to trying to kill a level 7 Wraith at level 1!

0 Likes
jawadsmokii
Adept II

i m at the same point XD thats really interesting XD .... I hope for Driver sooon

0 Likes
gnasher666
Journeyman III

I have graphic glitches on my R9 295x card as shown in this short clip. Anyone else seeing these sorts of issues?

The flickering is quicker in game then the video shows.

2015 05 20 14 15 58 rep - YouTube

0 Likes
gnasher666
Journeyman III

just found out running the game in Borderless Window mode fixes the glitches

0 Likes
madflasher
Journeyman III

Borderless window just disables crossfire

0 Likes