cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jawadsmokii
Adept II

Witcher 3

are we going to have new driver with corssfire for the game today ?

as i have heard that you got copy like 2 weeks ago or more ?

0 Likes
51 Replies
Cornugon
Miniboss

Re: Witcher 3

jawadsmokii schreef:

are we going to have new driver with corssfire for the game today ?

as i have heard that you got copy like 2 weeks ago or more ?

Still having nightmares of The Witcher 2, one of my most anticipated games in the recent years, not having a properly working profile for at least two weeks after it's initial release (and no mouse Y-reverse ), and that global-lightsources bug when finally getting one...

Knowing TW3 is a Crapworks-title is knowing it's going to stink anyway (well the performance, I'm not talking about the actual game content here ofcourse!).

0 Likes
backFireX64
Forerunner

Just ~4 hours for unlocking gog version left... we'll know how it fairs by then. Hopefully we'll get a new driver in the next days too! Can't wait really, though my playtime is very limited knowadays.

EDIT: I hope that the custom AFR mode will at least work and scale well. We'll see.

0 Likes
jamfilleddelight
Journeyman III

Hey,

I'd like to confirm something with you guys. Witcher 3 has ZERO Xfires support at the moment, right? Running both my XFX DD 290x's together brings my performance down lower than it does with one card. Excuse my naivety; just trying to make sure it's not a problem on my end.

0 Likes
jawadsmokii
Adept II

its really bad .... i tried everything to crossfire it , ARF is good , but there is alot of flikering and white shadow . 290 CF with 8350

0 Likes
hondaman
Journeyman III

I was about to hop in the car and get another 290x.

I guess I'll wait until they fix it if another card will do me no good.

8350, 290x, 1440p trying to play on Ultra settings.  Just a little too stuttery for my taste, but it sure looks nice.

0 Likes
fenix808
Journeyman III

Quadfire 7990's no crossfire or CrossfireX support. Here's hoping for a new driver today 😕

0 Likes
jamfilleddelight
Journeyman III

We can only hope, but AMD's Twitter said it will be available "next week." Luckily I have no trouble crossing my fingers in hopes for an "early" driver release.

0 Likes
Cornugon
Miniboss

So what's the verdict so far?

I've been reading it runs well even on old (both nVidia and AMD) hardware, it has choppy cutscenes with a GTX 980, and Hairworks kills performance, even on nVidia. Oh and that it DOESN'T run well (on nVidia). Well at least SLI works...

Oh and what's this about this 'downgrade' alledgedly 'sponsored' by Micro$oft? They've changed the 'realistic look' from TW2 (and all that pre-release footage) for a more 'stylized/cartoony'-look?

Glad I didn't pre-order this... oh wait I actually did a year ago, and forgotten completely about it. Now it's been sent to my old address since I moved in the mean time...

0 Likes
troisdoigtsdtc
Journeyman III

Hi,

Same question here. Nvidia publish their drive BEFORE that the game was out. More optimisation etc etc. Still nothing for ATI. And i just check download driver.

You know that the LAST TRUSTED driver (not beta) have the date 12/9/2014 woot woot ! ATI one year without "official" driver ? 8 month !! Some people can praticaly have baby in two release of catalyst \o/

I hope ATI change his politic for driver with windows 10 or my next card will be a nvidia after 10 years to grab ATI card config after config...

0 Likes