cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Witcher 3 crossfire 60% gpu utilisation (98% with AFR but horrible flicker)

Hi, whats up with amd drivers in Witcher 3 on two AMD cards with Crossfire? i have settings on uber mostly just without aliasing. Fullscreen mode of course.

With:

crossfireX on DEFAULT MODE  there are only 60% gpu utilisation with ocasional black terrain/shadows flicker and horrible hair wobbling with nvidia hair ON and like 25 fps (crossfire on?!)

crossfireX in AFR mode there are 98% gpu utilisation  but with horrible plain white portals flicker (propably from some smoke over terrain or mist ) some ground  textures stretched and 40-60 fps

crossfireX OFF MODE  there are NO problems with hair wobbling and NO black terrain/shadows flicker and NO white portals flicker and NO completely no fps... it's like 20...

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Witcher 3 crossfire 60% gpu utilisation (98% with AFR but horrible flicker)

Come on AMD where are our The Witcher 3 drivers you promised for whats now last week! Come on The Green Team have just released a new driver on a Saturday! Just made the move from Green to Red only a month ago please don't make me regrit the move please!!! Need Crossfire Drivers now!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

It's been said before by AMD that the 15.5 bèta's including (Crossfire) optimisations for The Witcher 3 and Project: Cars arrive the coming week. They never claimed we would get them the day when TW3 would be released (even though many of us expected them to).

And yes nVidia released them on day one, but weren't they also the ones who sponsored CDPR and 'allowed' them to use THEIR Gameworks libraries?

EDIT: Apparently my post caused some confusion, so let me correct this:

It has already been mentioned on day one by fellow forummembers that forcing Crossfire in this title causes visual anomalies, and that, while we wait for AMD to release drivers to address this, the best temporary workaround is to not use CrossFire as I assumed you figured out yourself, so I didn't feel the need to mention this. And yes, I did read your post rust...

As a ways to improve single card performance: For now just don't use hairworks, or manually decrease the Tesselation Factor in CCC to x8 or x16 to improve Hairworks' performance. Since World Tesselation isn't enabled in the game (yet?) you won't notice much visible difference between x8 Tesselation or the default full x64 one (Hairworks is tied to the Tesselation quality, and because in the past it was true for the HD 5xxx series, AMD still gets blamed by having poor Tesselators, even though there are more factors at work here against).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

i m still not using the crossfire , playing the game with hair is override to 8 x and hbo got 40 avg and 55 most areas , everything at ultra with my 290 , anyhow try this , use predefined profile for the game ryse . give me your feedback .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

I turned hairworks off since even with the lower Tess-factor the performance hit was slightly too high for my taste. I use SSAO instead of HBAO+, and lowered the Grass Quality and Foliage Distance by one notch from Ultra, and have a smooth 60fps experience now using a single R9 290X. I'm curious what Crossfire optimisations would do, since according to benchmarks, even nVidia SLI performs only about 50% faster than single card...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

the only game that had issue with my 290 crossfired  is dying light i bought the game and didn't play it , it was unplayable with or without profile and utlization was 40 % max . and my max fps 25 ......

My spec is 8350 @ 4.2

Ausus formula-Z motherboard

16GB 1833

290 msi Gaming 4 gb Crossfired .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

Cornugon​ Didnt you read my post about portals, gpu utilisation, shadows flicker? if I turn off nvidia hair those things stay so plese dont talk bs. Crossfire doesnt work, read my post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept II
Adept II

read the discussion tiltle there's the answer

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

I clarified my response a bit further. I sincerely hope you're happier now...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Miniboss
Miniboss

It doesn't answer how Crossfire scaling will be with the upcoming 15.5 drivers, since broken Crossfire performance, even with positive scaling, isn't exactly a good measurement how it will perform when fixed.

rust schreef:

so plese dont talk bs.

0 Kudos