cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Avianman
Journeyman III

Windows won’t boot after Radeon drivers - can I go back from another drive?

First of all, thanks in advance for any help, I really appreciate it!

I have a Radeon GPU that was running ok, but since my son has been running a new flight sim, I thought I should go ahead and update the drivers. Downloaded the latest “AMD Adrenaline” from AMD and began the install. Upon restart, it failed to boot windows. Did a hardware check and everything is fine. Did a “boot repair” and it still won’t boot. I can’t even get into safe mode to try and uninstall the drivers.

I upgraded the HDD about 6 months ago and still had the old 256 GB boot drive, so I put that in and windows boots fine - the new drive is accessible this way.  GPU works off those old drivers like nothing ever happened. I tried to manually remove the drivers from the new drive. I removed the old boot drive and the new one still won’t boot.

the hardware is fine - any suggestions on how to fix the boot or roll back the driver info on the new drive while running the OS on the old one?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes you can go into Device Manager and select properties on AMD display and choose roll back to previous version. Or go into the C:AMD folder and see if you have any previous versions saved. Or go to the driver download page...scroll down to 'Previous versions'.

Screenshot_11.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply

Yes you can go into Device Manager and select properties on AMD display and choose roll back to previous version. Or go into the C:AMD folder and see if you have any previous versions saved. Or go to the driver download page...scroll down to 'Previous versions'.

Screenshot_11.png

0 Likes