cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Jex874
Adept I

windows update may have automatically replaced your amd graphics driver

First of all i was getting this and then when i restart my pc it don't be a problem anymore,but since i last get it 2-3 days ago it corrupted and i can install anymore.When i rollback its like when i don't have driver and when i install it it goes black screen through process.I tried regedit,windows options to stop windows update.I tried uninstall with DDU and completely fresh drivers but when i do this,the problem happens again,during install it goes black and when i restart it, its says replaced.Been two days i try to solve this issue,can anybody help please?

Graphic Card:RX580

15 Replies
Thomasdk1405
Adept III

Hi

if you have it set to let windows choose best driver (default) - in the systems - advanced section - under hardware and device installation settings - then yes it will do so. If you for some reason stick with old AMD driver and do not update then windows will replace with some newer basic one that it sees as bare minimum driver. Either manually update to latest driver (whql / recommended) as pr amd driver download page for your card or say no to let windows decide driver - going away from default.

i already tried to install latest one

0 Likes

Where exactly is that setting? I have Windows 11 Pro.

AMD RX 6950 XT 16GB Reference GPU
0 Likes
schldskjoirz
Adept III

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes

No bro

0 Likes

I think the only thing you can do is send a bug report through the bug report tool or through this link: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form to let them know that it's not just a few people having black screen issues or other issues after recent driver updates.

BTW, I crash on all games with my PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 XTX Red Devil.

0 Likes

Now having same issue. All games crashed with same card. Did u solve the issue?

0 Likes
emilioarg
Adept III

1: Type Windows+R.

2: Type: gpedit.msc

3: Go to: Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Open "Do not include drivers with windows updates".

4: Select Enable > Apply > Accept.

5: Download the latest driver available for your GPU. https://www.amd.com/en/support

6: Restart your PC in safe mode.

7: Use the DDU to uninstall the entire video driver.

8: Restart.

9: Install new driver.

10: My english is a shi*t

Above solution is correct. Just aware that any device you install on your PC, Windows will not install the driver itself. Let say if you install external webcam, plug it and maybe it will not work right away until you install the driver by yourself. It can be problem for basic customer that only want plug and play mode (Plug the webcam, open messager and just works).

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes

i already tried this like 5 times

0 Likes

Windows has a wide repertoire of drivers as default, so almost all devices work on a plug-and-play basis. You rarely run into problems even if automatic driver installation is disabled. I always have it disabled, and have yet to encounter a situation where a device hasn't worked.

• 5900X • 6900XT • X570 • NH-D15S • 16Gb@3600Mhz • 1000W • 65" TV (HDMI) • Sony 5.1 audio (toslink)
0 Likes
schldskjoirz
Adept III

If you haven't tried WUSHOWHIDE yet, it's worth a try if it would help. First, uninstall the drivers you don't want on your PC or replace them with official drivers. Then run wushowhide diagcap and select the undesired drivers that Windows is trying to install and click HIDE. After that, those drivers should no longer be installed automatically.

The another handy app is DriverStoreExplorer which helps you to see what kind of drivers you have installed and to manage them.

0 Likes
AMD_cire
Challenger

My experience is I use old version 22.11.2, after DDU, install and reboot, I check my Windows Update and it was downloading the newest driver. So, I click pause update button, I did solution above mention by emiliorg, back to my Windows Update and resume. Windows update will re-check again and no AMD driver attempted by Windows to be updated.

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
0 Likes
masafu
Journeyman III

Hello.

were you able to find a permanent solution to this please?

0 Likes
Ruin_Asura
Adept I

Wonder if this is what is causing the 100% utilization spikes people are experiencing on 7000 series gpu

0 Likes