cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Kino19
Adept I

Windows Update May Have Automaticall replaced your amd graphics driver

I'd already fixed it and it run the AMD software, but after i restarted it it goes back again!. i already set multiple policies and it still not fixing anything. The drivers that windows want to install is 31.12027.7000 but the drivers of latest amd is 31.00.12029.10015.. 

here.pngalso.pngamd.png

0 Likes
22 Replies
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I use DDU and applied "Block Windows update". Haven't had a problem with that since. Didn't even have to bother with group policies, etc.

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes

I already tried this one sir.. it fix the problem but after i restarted my pc.. it goes back again... 

0 Likes
uncyler825
Adept III

Install ROPService service to prevent Windows Update Automaticall replaced your AMD graphics driver.

This works very well for me. Now I can start Windows Update normaly.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/radeon-graphics-overwrite-protection-service-smart-locked-gpu-serv...

0 Likes

Where can i download it?

0 Likes

There are in the article.

Download Last version AMD Radeon Software Customize Setup v6.3.1.48 and run it.

The ROPService service is included in Radeon Setup Tool. Requires downloading the Radeon Setup Tool and installing the ROPService service.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/amd-radeon-software-customize-setup-radeon-setup-tool.443504/

0 Likes

Already did sir.. but it's still the same 

0 Likes
MADZyren
Paragon

You can disable driver updates from Windows. Does not require any registry tinkering, group policy settings or installing 3rd party software.

Simply type View Advanced System Settings to Windows search and disable

MADZyren_0-1676117613680.png

After that, DDU current drivers in safe mode and download correct ones from amd.com and that is it. Do need to change anything else or tinker with DDUs settings.

This setting is not helpful. Is require registry tinkering and group policy settings.

It looks like you have no actual experience.

I disable driver updates from Windows. It will still be replaced my AMD graphics driver by Windows Update.

I have done it and no it doesn't. I think you are doing something wrong. Maybe in wrong order, maybe didn't actually remove old drivers and mistake some driver installation as being updated while it was not the same thing.

0 Likes

I install ROPService service on system.

The tool works for me.

0 Likes

kIeFz4C

Before installing ROPService. My 7900 XT drivers 23.1.2 keep getting replaced by Windows Update.

And I tried disable Windows search in Device Manager. It doesn't work.

It wasn't until I installed the ROPService third party tool that my problem was solved.

0 Likes

"And I tried disable Windows search in Device Manager. It doesn't work."

I don't know why you did that as it is not what should be done.

You should disable:

MADZyren_0-1676186519676.png

then reboot.

Download drivers so they are ready.

Use DDU software to uninstall current drivers: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html 

then reboot

and then install the drivers you just downloaded and reboot.

0 Likes

As I said I have disabled the option in your picture. Didn't work for me. It NOT solve my problem.

My option is disabled. It NOT work for me. I still receive updated drivers from Windows Update.

xmRFhE9

0 Likes

I tried this one, it fixed the problem but after i restart my pc it goes back to the problem again. And then i tried to do it again and it's not fixing the problem anymore.

0 Likes

@Kino19 

Is it Win10 or 11?

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Windows 10

0 Likes

Have you tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/48277-enable-disable-driver-updates-windows-update-windows-10-a....

Option two, start at step 3.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Yes, i already did it... it's still not fixing it

0 Likes

Are you using an 'Insider' version of the OS?

And you tried that regedit from that link, not a similar one from another site?

I suggest you post a query on that forum, maybe someone there knows why it isn't working for you.

0 Likes

I'm not using the insider version of OS.. and yeah i tried that regedit .. btw.. i don't think what is the problem.. the amd software or the gpu driver.. eh.pnggpu driver.png

0 Likes

But the amd is seems okay.. since it's popping up this kind of message.

but.png

0 Likes

did you solve the problem ? I'm having the same issue and i tried everything and nothing works....

0 Likes