Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

dlaloum
Journeyman III

Windows Server 2016 Drivers for X470

Hi,

Is there any prospect of providing proper driver support for Win2016 Server installations on X470?

Most of the drivers seem to work fine with judicious editting of the various ".inf" files to include the relevant OS identifier...

The platform works very well for a lab server or home server, but setting it up is needlessly painful, especially given that Win10 drivers should all be compatible with Win2016.

Your help with this would be very much appreciated!

I have the following

Asus X470-F Strix  motherboard

Ryzen 5 2400G

32GB G-Skill Sniper 3600MHz RAM (2 x 16gb)

Highpoint RocketRaid 2840a

6 x 8TB array

2 x 500GB SSD

2 x 2TB Boot

Setting up the 2TB boot array in RAID1 using the Motherboard RaidXpert2 functionality has been ... difficult.

Although I managed to find an install the drivers for Win10 on Win2016, the RaidXpert2 software does not find the drivers, and therefore does not allow login, or management.

Radeon drivers have loaded without issues as have USB, and other Chipset related drivers.

Highpoint RR2840a drivers have loaded without an issue

Please, do the additional work to properly qualify that driver set for Win2016 (it should not be a major piece of work!)

Thank you

0 Likes
2 Replies
yahochina
Journeyman III

YES, I also need a r5 2400G video driver for server 2016, 2400G what a nice plan for home server! but the video driver knocked me down! hurry! pls! I need it!

0 Likes
delight
Journeyman III

Hi,
I'm desperated....
I'm searchinf for RAId driver for X470 for windows 2016 essential, wiwh is certainly the same than 2016 server.
Amd just told me its not supported....
I saw you modified .inf files to fit, but i d'ont know ho to do, neither how to find the proper OS identifier for widows 2016 essentiel, neither wich OS driver start from to modify ?
Please help...
Many thanks in advance
Regards

0 Likes