cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

frcraig
Journeyman III

Windows Insider Preview Radeon driver 27.20.21001.7005

I participate in the Windows Insider Preview program and as soon as Windows 10 updated on April 13 (the update included a new AMD Radeon driver, version 27.20.21001.7005) I began to experience severe stuttering on all Steam VR game titles (such as Onward) with my Valve Index.  The image in the headset would freeze for two or three seconds and then jump ahead and then freeze again, making games unplayable.  My gaming computer uses an AMD 5800x CPU and an AMD 6800 XT GPU on a Gigabyte X570 board.  I uninstalled the Windows update (which rolled back the Radeon preview driver to the 'regular' most recent release) and the stuttering immediately went away.  

0 Likes
1 Solution

As far as I am aware, AMD doesn't support AMD Drivers on Windows Preview OSes.

You need to go through Microsoft own link to upload your issues with AMD drivers in Windows Preview OS.

Once the Windows Preview has become official and available to the Public then AMD will support the drivers.

My opinion is that Windows Preview is the same as a BETA or ALPHA program. So whatever issues you are having it is difficult to know whether it is because of the Windows being a BETA and buggy OS which is causing the problem or it is a buggy AMD driver.

I imagine that AMD does test out their drivers in the Preview versions but doesn't support it until the Preview becomes Official.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

As far as I am aware, AMD doesn't support AMD Drivers on Windows Preview OSes.

You need to go through Microsoft own link to upload your issues with AMD drivers in Windows Preview OS.

Once the Windows Preview has become official and available to the Public then AMD will support the drivers.

My opinion is that Windows Preview is the same as a BETA or ALPHA program. So whatever issues you are having it is difficult to know whether it is because of the Windows being a BETA and buggy OS which is causing the problem or it is a buggy AMD driver.

I imagine that AMD does test out their drivers in the Preview versions but doesn't support it until the Preview becomes Official.