Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

jdelano
Adept I

Windows Insider Build 18908 - repeated GSOD

Hello,

I am running 19.5.1 drivers on Windows insider build 18898 and everything is perfectly stable. However, when I update to 18908 my machine becomes completely unstable and I have to restore my Macrium backup and all is well again. I've attached a report from HWiNFO64 about my computer as well as some pictures of the GSODs, as I restored my machine the .dmp files are gone. One item that was reported was, faulting application dwm.exe 0xc0000005 faulting module atidxx64.dll.

While running 18908 I downloaded 19.5.2 drivers and performed a clean install to see if it would help, it didn't and the next 2 GSODs rendered Windows 10 unable to boot at all. Requiring booting from the recovery USB and restoring the backup I made prior to performing the windows update.

Anyone else in the Windows Insider program able to run 18908?

Ryzen 5 1600 Sapphire Nitro+ RX570 4GB ASRock B450M-HDV r4

0 Likes
1 Solution
jdelano
Adept I

an update, MS released a new insider build 18912. It seems 18908 just had serious issues. The AMD Video driver seems to run well too.

2019-06-08.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies

As far as I know, AMD doesn't support Windows Insider Windows versions. You need to put in a ticket with Microsoft Support for Windows Insiders.

Once the Preview Windows becomes available to the general public to download, that is when AMD will have drivers for it.

Thank you for the reply, I have logged each of the GSODs that I could into the Feedback Hub MS uses and have paused updates to stay on 18898 until I can find/figure out a solution

jdelano
Adept I

an update, MS released a new insider build 18912. It seems 18908 just had serious issues. The AMD Video driver seems to run well too.

2019-06-08.png

Mark the reply where you upgraded Windows to the next version solved your Video issues as "Correct".