cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

atifgk
Adept I

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Hi

I am using hp AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Radoen Graphics 2.00 GHz laptop. After sometime time windows 10 started throwing this error

I tried many solutions but no success. i have updated all drivers with windows update, downloaded drivers from AMD website and installed them but no success. Laptop window is grayed out 1024*768

Can you please guide me to get out of this problem

Thanks

23 Replies

Hi @kingfish , thanks for your reply. i have tried all these steps but no success. I tried removing drivers then updated them with windows updated. i tried AMD automatic driver picker but no success

0 Likes

Is there a discrete card or just the integrated graphics? When you look in Device Manager...do you see any yellow error marks? Have you checked the manufacturer's support site for updates to bios, chipset, also try installing the latest graphics driver they offer... https://support.hp.com/us-en/products/laptops

0 Likes

yes there is yellow sign

2.pngUntitled.png

0 Likes

Hi @kingfish i tried getting latest drivers from hp website but still no success

0 Likes
mywebsite
Journeyman III

Try updating the drivers from AMD's official website...hope this will work

@atifgk wrote:
Hi

I am using hp AMD Ryzen 7 4700U Radoen Graphics 2.00 GHz laptop. After sometime time windows 10 started throwing this error

I tried many solutions but no success. i have updated all drivers with windows update, downloaded drivers from AMD website and installed them but no success. Laptop window is grayed out 1024*768

Can you please guide me to get out of this problem

Thanks

0 Likes

@mywebsite @kingfish thanks for reply. as suggested i have downloaded drivers from this link https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic... and then removed previous drivers using suggested utility in safe mode and then again install latest drivers but still getting yellow triangle icon on AMD drivers

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

0 Likes
eddi1003
Journeyman III

Think a windows security update did this. Have the same problem. have spent 2 days trying everything and still the same problem.

if you go in device manager/properties/ events . is the last entry "device not started (amdkmdag)?"

can you start radeon software or do you get an error "no AMD graphics driver installed....."

0 Likes

Hi @eddi1003 , thanks for your reply. i am getting exactly same errors as you mentioned. if i try running AMD it says not installed and in device manager it says device not started (amdkmdag)

0 Likes

Hi @eddi1003 , thanks for reply. yes i am getting both errors device not started (amdkmdag)  and also no AMD graphics driver installed when running AMD software. 

0 Likes
ScotchFury
Challenger

Also probably wouldn't hurt to use the AMD GPU & Radeon Software removal tool to make sure it uninstall properly / completely. 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-601&v... 

0 Likes

Hi @ScotchFury @shishuchildcare , i have uninstalled all AMD drivers with their utility and installed drivers downloaded from hp website but no success

0 Likes

I'm having the same exact problem with a RX 5500 XT in a built PC, tried the same stuff that you did several times but nothing. I contacted AMD and Asrock support to see if they know something. The only thing I didn't try is flashing the drivers, I saw it in several posts and videos but I'd break the warranty and it seems dangerous if you don't know what you are doing.

0 Likes

tried reinstalling windows (20h2) but the problem still persists. I tried rolling back before but no use.. think we have to wait for some fix from Microsoft or AMD. 

I've pretty much tried everything. really annoying problem.

0 Likes
njpork
Journeyman III

im having same issue on a just built pc.   

radeon rx 57ooxt with ryzen 5 3600 cpu

after startup or sleep monde i get this error with the yellow exclamation point in the device manager under display adapters

..i can get it fixed but the next time it sleeps or is shutdown its right back to same issue.. i have deleted and reinstalled drivers. same issue every time after a power down or sleep mode

0 Likes

Have you set Windows Update to delay/prevent automatic driver installation?

Have you deleted/emptied the C:/AMD folder of all previous and current drivers?

Screenshot_2.png

@njpork wrote:

after startup or sleep monde i get this error with the yellow exclamation point in the device manager under display adapters

..i can get it fixed but the next time it sleeps or is shutdown its right back to same issue.. i have deleted and reinstalled drivers. same issue every time after a power down or sleep mode

0 Likes

tried resetting the pc.. no bueno.. tried installing from a stick.. still same error. Now all I can do is hope this is something amd or ms can fix.

0 Likes

@kingfish please help. tried all solutions but no success :( 

0 Likes

@atifgk wrote:

@kingfish please help. tried all solutions but no success :( 

The only thing I can suggest...if you have tried rolling back drivers to a version that worked....is a complete reinstall of Windows 10 20H2.

0 Likes

Try disabling 'Fast Start' and reboot after change:

https://www.howtogeek.com/243901/the-pros-and-cons-of-windows-10s-fast-startup-mode/

@kingfish wrote:

Have you set Windows Update to delay/prevent automatic driver installation?

Have you deleted/emptied the C:/AMD folder of all previous and current drivers?

Screenshot_2.png

@njpork wrote:

Screenshot_1.png

0 Likes

Have you installed the latest BIOS and installed the MB Chipset drivers (From AMD site, NOT MB manufacturer's site)

In power options you should see two AMD Ryzen Plans along with the original Win 10 one's. 

Could also check MB options for Resize BAR support and Above 4G Support. If set Enabled or Auto, try disabled.

Check AMD CBS for Global C-State and set to Enabled.

20210105_152007.png

0 Likes

AMD answered my ticket, I didn't try this posible solution because I don't want to mess with the BIOS but I share it with you in case it helps and you know what you are doing.

"I understand you are getting Code 43 error on your computer with AMD Radeon Graphics.

Reset the motherboard BIOS (clear CMOS). Remove the CMOS battery for few minutes and reinsert it.

Once after resetting the MB BIOS, please reseat the graphic card (unplug and plug the GPU on the same PCI slot).

Ensure you have installed all the Windows updates and using latest Windows build.

Please try the below suggestions and check the status.

In order to narrow down the issue, I request you to give a try by performing clean installation of older  driver to your OS by using the DDU utility and check the issue status.

I suggest you to please disable the windows auto update in the "Show and hide" tool

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/3183922/how-to-temporarily-prevent-a-windows-update-from-re...

To be on the safer side, I request you to please create System Restore point before performing any troubleshooting steps.

·         Step 1 – Please use DDU Utility (Display Driver Uninstaller) by launching it in Safe mode and uninstall the previous driver. It will help you completely uninstall AMD graphics card drivers and packages from your system, without leaving leftovers behind.

·         Step 2 – then restart your computer again and enter into the normal windows mode.

·         Step 3 - install all the critical and recommended updates from Windows. (make sure windows is not installing the display driver)

·         Step 4 – Again restart the computer and then install  drivers Please disconnect the network connection and disable antivirus before running the installer file."

0 Likes