cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

NoneYa
Journeyman III

Windows Forcing Drivers Not Meant For Lower end gpu`s

have had a Nightmare with windows trying To Force a 31. Something Driver Update = Literally Forcing in Windows Update = Current Driver at MAx is 28. something atm /   

COULD SOMEONE AT AMD SMACK WINDOWS IN THE HEAD ? this has gotten Completely out of Hand . Windows Should Not Be AUTO Updating GPU DRIVERS = FOR ANY REASON !

xfx 590 drivers are a probllem due to Windows FORCING a Higher  Teir Driver than What My GPU is Capable of Handling 

i can stream / Watch that is  , Anything = But the MOMENT i try and Load Into a Game = INSTA CRASH = NO MATTER THE GAME ! Cant Even Run a Geekbench = Nor Heaven  two of the easiest to run out of Literally Thousands of bench marks 

AMD  = WE HAVE A PROBLEM = AND IT AINT YOU ! 

WE NEED FULL CONTROL = " OVER WINDOWS UPDATES " ! 

0 Likes
9 Replies
NoneYa
Journeyman III

AMD Windows Driver Version  31.0.12019.9007  is the driver windows is trying to force me to accept = its crashing my 590  everytime i try to put it under a load = fresh paste , fresh pads , brand new fans and totally cleaned = works fine not under a load , but the moment i have a directx load placed on it = INSTA CRASH  

REPEAT  =   Windows Driver Version  31.0.12019.9007    = Hint  = Windows = NOT  AMD = driver is NOT loading from AMD = Rather Windows ! 

this has gotten out of hand 

0 Likes

It wouldn't surprise me if Microsoft, which owns DirectX, would sabotage AMD to help Nvidia sell more GPUs because of their new deal, or if AMD is being lazy.

https://news.microsoft.com/2023/02/21/microsoft-and-nvidia-announce-expansive-new-gaming-deal/

0 Likes

ive seen Wose From Windows , wouldnt put it past Annyone atm To Try and Take an advantage = Especially when a 6950xt is Just as Fast as the 4070 Or Even the 4080 in MAny Cases 

i am NOT a Fan boy = BUT I KNOW CORRUPTION WHEN I SEE IT ! 

and i just Believe AMD is TRULY Trying to give us ALL Somethhing EVERYONE can AFFORD = #! / And everyone can Enjoy #2 

i cant say if what is seen in your post is relevant = but i ddo now that windows insider program is FULL of NUT jobs that DO INDEED PURPOSELY CAUSE HAVOC FOR AN OPPORTUINIITY TO FORCE A SOFTWARE COMAPNY TO PAY UP OR THEY WILL RELEASE THEIR SOURCE CODE ONLINE = YES = A LOT OF THIS DID INDEED COME DIRECTY  FROM WINDOWS INSIDER PROGRAMS !!! 

i do appreciate the intel though = ` pun    Intended `   

Thank You 

0 Likes

That looks like the windows version of amd 22.8.2,

31.0 driver.png There are ways to block windows driver updates.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I have Windoww Auto Updating Graphiccs Driver Disabled = its Forcing a Windows Version Update Over  AMD Drivers 

0 Likes

Which option/s, are you using Home, Pro, Edu, RTM or Insider build?

There are some options on the web that on their own will not always work, or may get overridden if you click on windows check for updates.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

home edition , and i know about windows server packs that have been an issue in the past attempting to download a server driver over a graphics drriver , iver had that issue in the past 

asus prime x370 pro { new ageisa securyt patch bios update = BETA Only version as thats how it is with asus at time of writting comment  = No Further updates at this time on any future full version release } 

3600 , non x variant /darkrock pro 

16g 3200 lpx vengance 16/18/36 

xfx 590 

970 + 250 os drive / 1tb san disk ultra storage 

corrsair rm 850 gold fully mod. 

" 0" issues with gig service ,

although the cpu was in an msi a pro x570 board that did in fact go down duew to bios failure , nothing further on that 

however cpu is Fine 

and i even placed my Still  Great working 1700x that i Can gegt 4.4 out of , lotery winner bin { i am guessing }  this was on air no extreme measures to push it past that liimit although  i could see it hitting probably 4.8 with water and cold air over rad. } never tried it though / in the asus board = with same issues still present 

this is Frustrating being able to Actually use that Above pc Right Now as i am Writting this proving = its a Working system = this is Why i need some reslove as to the issue .

Literally makes "0"sense 

although = I had o problems """ Prior to asus ageisa bios Update """ that is why i am here Now 

is it = asus / windows /or amd drivers = my spectualtion = It Isnt AMD drivers =Very Posssibly ASUS , but again Thats WHY i am here Now =I Cant Figue this out 

new instal on different drives and its the same 

= FINGER is pointing To:  ASUS `  

i just need some sort of resolve to pin point where i shoudl Avoid Futuer purchases 

i already Knwo i Will Never purchase another msi product EVER AGAIN  

and i Know of the 3600 issues that seem to also be failing / but placing a WROKING NON Issue  1700x = Same issue = ? =it Isnt the 3600 non x variant at all ! 

so i am left to Windows or ASUS 

and this Forced upadte = EVEN WITH graphics drivers updates Disabled 

Although = I Did NOT have an Issue Prior to ASUS " BETA " BIOS Patch  Update = INCLUDING with Peer KKNowleedge to KEEP Windows Aotu Updating turnneed OFF via = DO NOT AUTO INSTALL UPDATES DUE TO THERE MAY BE ISSUES WITH COMPATIBILITY = AND Directly Disabling VIA = system / advance /hardware / device instalation = NO  ! = Disablingg wqwindows auto updates for graphics / manufacture apps downloads = Windows Auto Updates = Full system wide disbaling auto updates ! 

i am Not a Newb on this process , this isnt my first rodeo 

0 Likes
NoneYa
Journeyman III

i have not found the problem as of yet , but the new drivers wiill not allow any overclock whatsoever , even just runniing the in app { amd app } is crashing .i use such For testin purposes Only at which Prior to this isisue occuring i Was able to use it to test my gpu stress levels , i never keep such as it goes from  fiifting eigthy  to sisxteen hundred  at most available oc  .Still Cannot run any games , total reset of system , new os download , new driivers etc... 

0 Likes
NoneYa
Journeyman III

i am at a total  loss to any resolve ,asus has Removed ANY substance of ANY driver past or present on the x370 chipset  from its site  and now i am getting an auto download from windows { 10 } every time i load into pc and have no clue what it is attempting to download as it is not showing any details on the update , close open or reboot , still think its windows Attempting a forced  upgrade to win11 denying any type of Non stadard utilities or commands . juust receiived the new driver update and it haas changed Nothiing ,w hopingg there would be a software fiix , but i also believe Everyone is Forcing an Upgrade path and now they are talking windows 12 already , Thisi AI path forward NEEDS TO BE HALTED its gimping Everything and games now Demanding 10gig or higher , this 8gig is now Obsolete ,funny thing now is , my 4gig ten fiifty ti works just fine  however Very low resolution  , Very Low , there was NOTHING wrong with the card other than needing new fans " the five ninety " . idk , Maybe iits the card  BUT WHY out of the blue just start crashing underload and now with all new pads and paste and fans , WHY , something happened to cause it externally and i need to know what ,i am still using card Rigght now to be here , and all i can do on card is stream videos or other but no stress can be placed on card , ever geekbench will not even run now not ever the cpu bench which makse literrally NO SENSE he cpu bench puts LITERALLY NO GPU STRESS WHATSOEVER on card or system , can run Haven BTW  YES i CAN RUN HEAVEN and the fps is like TANKED , but it Runs used to get pretty good marks and fps up to 90  plus now its BARELY reaching 30 if that but i Still Cant run a game , ANY game i need nother amd gpu to test some theories but dont have the $ to get one atm , i am looking at Possibly squeezing some lower end in come next month but that isnt going gto do Me any good when most games are demanding 10g and up now being  the new standard ? Pushing the POOR OUT OF THE GAME ,Literally . 

0 Likes