Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ferni55
Adept II
Adept II

Windows Desktop Icons rearranges by itself after VSR used in games

Jump to solution

I know it may not be an issue with AMD graphics or others but I have 1080p resolution enabled for my Windows 10 as default. I use Virtual Super Resolution on games such 2K resolution. After I quit game, my customly arrange desktop icons rearrages itself everytime. Or when I alt+tab during game. You guys must work it with Microsoft to fix it. Its not aceptable.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ferni55
Adept II
Adept II

Re: Windows Desktop Icons rearranges by itself after VSR used in games

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help, I fixed the issue by using 2K resolution for desktop, rearraged my desktop icos there, and turned back to 1080p resolution.

Switched between them several times and they did not arranged by itself.

Also tested at when Windows at 1080p resolution, and game at 2K resolution, made alt + tab to desktop and it was stable..

I won't use auto arrange.

Nice help thanks

PS: I arrange them at top 2 columns, strangly;

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

Jump to solution

I cant replicate the issue? Where on your desktop are you arranging your icons? NT OS' use the top left as the reference 0x0 point.

1080.PNG

1440.PNG

But on the bottom right, where the OS will cut the screen. The icons will rearrange when set back to the res the icons where positioned. So unless you arrange at a higher res, then lower they can go anywhere but where you put them.

You don't use auto arrange do you?

ferni55
Adept II
Adept II

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help, I fixed the issue by using 2K resolution for desktop, rearraged my desktop icos there, and turned back to 1080p resolution.

Switched between them several times and they did not arranged by itself.

Also tested at when Windows at 1080p resolution, and game at 2K resolution, made alt + tab to desktop and it was stable..

I won't use auto arrange.

Nice help thanks

PS: I arrange them at top 2 columns, strangly;

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

tomtalk24
Paragon
Paragon

Jump to solution

Good to hear its sorted. And top column is cool, I should stress I don't have mine arranged in a giant T, was just to test

Don't forget to mark your question as answered buddy.

0 Kudos