cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

li123k23
Newcomer

Windows crashes on loading logo after install AMD drivers (R9 270X)

My PC with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits crashes on loading logo after install AMD drivers. Everything it was working perfect until some days ago. I made a clean Windows 7 install and install drivers but the problem still persist. After install the drivers (I tried some versions) and restart the computer, after windows logo loading screen stay black. When I made a system recovery and then it shows this error:

"Failed to create OpenGL context for format QSurfaceFormat..."

So what could be the problem?

It was working perfectly, it is a problem with AMD drivers?

With my graphic card? It is working right now, without drivers installed, obviusly.

It is a problem with Windows 7? I have tried before and after install windows updates, and with clean windows installation. Im going crazy I need any help.

My PC components:

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 270X

CPU: Intel Core i5 2320

RAM: 8,00GB DDR3

MB: Gigabyte H61M-D2H-USB3

HD: SSD Crucial MX300

0 Likes
3 Replies

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

This solution doesnt work, as I said, it was working perfectly with the last version of Windows with all updates, even I made a clean windows install and installed all updates again. The problem is still happening.

0 Likes

Seems like that particular error that you encountered is due specifically to the GPU Driver.

First: here is the latest AMD Driver for your GPU Card: AMD Radeon™ R9 270X Drivers & Support | AMD

Second: Try this basic procedure in installing and Uninstalling the AMD GPU drivers from your computer:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.

Third: if you continue to have the same problem. Try and install your GPU in another compatible computer and see if it does the same thing. If it does it probably indicate a defective GPU card.