Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

reddevil5858
Adept I

Windows cannot find launcherrsxruntime.exe comes up after every login

Screenshot 2022-06-28 113536.png

I've tried various different driver versions, full installs and driver only installs and I don't know what I can do to fix it except get an Nvidia GPU. I just looked at file explorer and there isn't even a CNext folder, let alone the .exe it's looking for. I have a 6700XT, currently using driver only 22.1.2

0 Likes
1 Solution

I had originally done a driver only install after DDU but doing a full install w/ Radeon Software seems to have fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
divineknight
Adept I

Yeah, that file (and folder) should exist, at least with the later drivers.

You may need to reinstall Windows, as the cleanup utility from AMD doesn't seem to work properly (at least with later drivers).

0 Likes

I had originally done a driver only install after DDU but doing a full install w/ Radeon Software seems to have fixed the issue.

0 Likes
flipper
Journeyman III

Full re-install does not always help, but what did the trick for me :

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/663590/windows-error.html

Regards

0 Likes

Don't work

0 Likes
flipper
Journeyman III

Indeed it returned afterward for me as well. But in the meanwhile I installed the 22H2 update of windows and reinstall the radeon drivers. For some odd reason this helps so far (more than a month now no more the error message). So maybe there was some incompatibility with the previous windows version I had. Hope it helps for you as well.

0 Likes