Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DeXaLiT
Adept I

Windows 11 - Windows Update Graphics Driver Issue

Hey guys,

I've got an Asus Zenbook (configured with AMD APU) and after updating it to Windows 11 I've got an issue related to the grapahics driver. My laptop using the AMD Adrenalin software but after I updated it to the Win 11 the Windows Update always installing the "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. - Display - 30.0.13026.3" driver. After the installation I can't open the AMD Adrenaline Software because of an error. After reinstalling the AMD Software it's fine again, but when my laptop turning on Windows always installing the above mentioned driver and then the error happens again which is very annoying. What can I do to prevent installing that driver by Windows Update? Thanks for the help in advance!This is the driver update by Windows Update which is always getting installed automaticallyThis is the driver update by Windows Update which is always getting installed automaticallyThis is the error message when I open the Adrenaline Software after Windows  Update install another driver automaticallyThis is the error message when I open the Adrenaline Software after Windows Update install another driver automatically

2 Replies
DeXaLiT
Adept I

Actually when I reinstall the Adrenalin Software everything works fine, but when I restart my computer the Windows Update automatically installs the above mentioned driver and I can't use the Adrenalin software anymore until I reinstall it again. 

0 Likes

You can prevent Windows Update from installing graphics drivers through Group Policy.

This does not effect the security, quality, patch, or any other type update...they are presented as normal.

In short...you don't have to worry about WU installing (changing) AMD graphics drivers.

Type gpedit in the search bar...follow > Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

kingfish_0-1660339722932.png

On the right side scroll to Do not include drivers with Windows Update policy and double click it. Select the ENABLED option.

kingfish_1-1660339723000.png

Click 'Apply' then OK.

Reboot your computer.