I got BSOD with name ‘ IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL’.
My os is windows 11 pro x64.
My PC components:
1. Motherboard - ASRock B660M Pro RS
2. CPU - Intel Raptor Lake Core i5 13600KF 3.5GHz
3. GPU - PowerColor Radeon RX 6600 Figher 8GB GDDR6 128-bit
4. RAM - Kingston Fury Renegade RGB 32GB(4 x 8GB) DDR4 3600Mhz
5. Storage - SSD Samsung 980 1TB PCI Express 3.0 x4 M.2 2280
6. Cooler - CPU ID-Cooling Frostflow X 240 Lite
7. PSU - Seasonic B12 BC-750, 80+ Bronze 750W
8. Case - AQIRYS Canopus White ARGB
9. Monitor - LED DELL Gaming S2422HG Curbat 23.6 inch FHD VA 1 ms 165 Hz FreeSync Premium
10. Keyboard - Hyperx Alloy Core RGB
11. Mouse - VERTUX Katana
12. Mousepad - Hyperx FURY Ultra
13. Microphone - Scorpion USB POWERED MIC-01
14. Speakers - HAMA Sonic LS-208 2.0 8W
My minidump file - https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq_Ac3q_LLezg8IQIo_WNkEzE3eTHw?e=SOrBJJ
The error message you received, "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL," typically indicates a problem with a driver or hardware issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and fix the issue:
Check for driver updates: Outdated or incorrect drivers can cause system crashes. Check the manufacturer's website for the latest drivers for your motherboard, GPU, and any other hardware.
Test your RAM: Faulty RAM can cause crashes. You can test your RAM using the built-in Windows Memory Diagnostic tool or third-party software like MemTest86.
Check for overheating: Overheating can cause system instability. Monitor your CPU and GPU temperatures using software like HWMonitor or MSI Afterburner.
Check your system for malware: Malware infections can cause system instability. Use a reputable antivirus software to scan your system for malware.
Check your system for hardware issues: Check all your hardware components for any physical damage, loose connections, or other issues.
Reset BIOS settings: Resetting the BIOS settings to default may fix the issue.
Reinstall Windows: If all else fails, consider reinstalling Windows to eliminate any software-related issues.
I hope these steps help you troubleshoot and fix the issue.
Ty all for your answers. I don't use amd adrenalin software.
My memory is ok.
I updated my lan/inf/ime drivers from asrock, should i update realtek audio driver too?
Should i roll back lan/gpu(updated by windows automatically) driver?
Should i install software amd radeon adrenalin?
I have a monitor driver update from dell, should i update it?
In rest, i'm with all updates(and windows) up to date.