cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

l0v3w4v3
Journeyman III

Windows 11 keep requires updating AMD driver

I am using RX560 VGA, a little bit old device, on a Windows 11 PC. When I use AMD Radeon Software Installer to update driver, it shows that the recommended version for my VGA is 21.10.1, while the latest version is 23. I use AMD Radeon Software Installer to downgrade the VGA driver, restart PC and it seems work fine. However, Windows 11 keep disable the device, saying that "Device requires further installation" or "Device had a problem starting.". I tried using Device installation settings (changes to "No"), using Group Policy Editor (Enabled Do not include drivers with Windows Updates) but nothing works.

What should I do for now?

2 Replies

Try the regedit option,

dsabledriver.png 

Restart pc and download & save the driver software direct from amd, install from that package.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

I tried but didn't work. By the way, I found this article describing exactly what I'm facing with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-started-amdwddmgpnp-kernel-error-41... 

Looks like it's Windows problem, and they forgot about it

0 Likes