Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

173brian
Adept I

Windows 11 Clean Installation For Ryzen 7 5700U

Hello,

I've recently attempted a clean install of Windows 11 with my Ryzen 7 5700U, but repeatedly get the message from the windows installer that the drivers required to proceed with the installation can't be found on my machine. The only drivers for Windows 11 offered on the AMD site are found here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-ryzen-processors/amd-ryzen-7-mobile-processors-radeon-graphic... but rather than a set of files these downloads are Windows 11 executables. If I attempt to run these in the command prompt found in the Windows 11 installer I'm informed that "this version of [driver].exe is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running." 

This creates a cycle of Windows 11 needing drivers and not being able to extract them, and AMD storing it's drivers under the assumption that Windows 11 is already present.

Any suggestions as to a solution would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your message bout the OEM vendor helped me find that Dell has a recovery image for my laptop which includes preinstalled all the necessary Windows 11 drivers I need. Because my laptop came with Windows this works as a solution for me.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Please post the exact Laptop model you are trying to install Win 11?

Try using your laptop's OEM AMD driver since that is 100% compatible with your laptop.

Also what is the exact error you are getting when Win 11 installation fails? does it mention which driver is not compatible?

Did you have Win 11 delete your Windows Partition and create a new partition?

If you can't install Win 11 then try restoring your Laptop back to its "Default' settings like when you first purchased the laptop. Then do a Win 11 In-place upgrade.

My exact laptop model is a Dell Inspiron 5515.

I did have Windows 11 delete my old partition and now I'm making a new one.

The OEM driver was a great suggestion. I went back into the Windows installer and was presented with the same message that I've been getting of, "A media driver your computer needs is missing. This could be a DVD, USB or Hard disk drive. If you have a CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with the driver on it, please insert it now." There is no compatibility message. I attempted to navigate to where the OEM driver was, but it was an EXE, not the format the installer was expecting. After seeing that wouldn't work I backed out to the installer's troubleshooter and opened the command prompt and used the start command to run the chipset driver EXE I found on Dell's site, as well as a graphics processor driver EXE. Both drivers seemed to run and produced a similar message:

Dell Update Package: 8KX08A01

AMD Chipset Driver, 3.11.1.544, A01

NOTE: DUP graphic interface unavailable on this system

(Required OS component OLEDLG.DLL not found)

Initiating attended mode of vendor software...

Nothing else seemed to happen though, and I got no further than that. I'm not sure if this is supposed to return the drivers as an installed file, but I've been unable to locate any changes on the installation media that I'm using.

0 Likes

Your message bout the OEM vendor helped me find that Dell has a recovery image for my laptop which includes preinstalled all the necessary Windows 11 drivers I need. Because my laptop came with Windows this works as a solution for me.