cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

DanielBR
Journeyman III

Windows 11 AMD error

Hello. On the day of the update Win10 to 11 my video card software didn't want to open, it said "The version of AMD Radeon Software you have launched is not compatible with your currently installed graphics driver. Please check your system for other versionf of radeon software that may currently be installed". AMD's solution did not resolve when I tried to follow it and after searching the forum itself here I found that reversing the driver everything would be resolved so I did. 1 day later when opening any game my screen was blurry, full of scratches, when printing the print it came out normal (as if nothing had gone wrong) but on my screen everything was smudged. After researching I found that my AMD Radeon Software is giving some kind of conflict with what is factory installed "AMD Chipset Software" and windows only recognizes what is installed, not the web version. The resolution I found was to completely uninstall AMD Radeon Software and keep AMD Chipset Software. I would like to know if there is any kind of resolution for this issue other than keeping the app uninstalled.

I have an AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with built-in Radeon Vega 8 Graphics.

PS: Sorry if something is wrong on the writing, i'm from Brazil.

0 Likes
1 Reply
rawintellect
Miniboss

What version of the driver are you running? 20.10.1 is the only version that is officially supported in Windows 11. I myself am running this driver with a 6900XT with 0 issues. I upgraded at 12am est (4am UTC) and again, 0 issues. I didn't even have to redownload the file. I simply reinstalled the driver from the existing folder. I'm not even sure that was necessary.

0 Likes