Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ladderman
Adept I

windows 10 update version 1803 amd crossfire

Hi

Since i upgraded to Windows 10 update version 1803(Which took 2 and a half hours!!),i noticed some lag in desktop.See this video for what is like for me:-

bandicam 2018 06 01 20 15 04 484 - YouTube

I have had to go back to AMD Adrenalin Edition 18.2.1.Now,if i don't enable Crossfire i get lag as in the video.But if Crossfire is enabled it's okay,with microlag rarely.

What i wan't to know is how do i get back to not using Crossfire,before Windows 10 update version 1803?.Everything was fine then,no problems.

Thanks

Colin

0 Likes
7 Replies

As per AMD Forums rules, please post your computer information: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Second: I see that you are using MSI Afterburner. AMD Forums generally advises to uninstall all 3rd party Overclocking or Fan controlling software such as Afterburner. Before uninstalling Afterburner, set everything back to "Default". Then activate AMD WATTMAN to control your GPU card. Some people don't have problems using MSI Afterburner and other have many weird problems. Even if AMD WATTMAN is not activated, MSI Afterburner still can have incompatibilities with Wattman.

I don't believe MSI Afterburner could be the cause of the lag but it still is recommended to uninstall and use AMD Wattman.

0 Likes

Hi

I don't have MSI Afterburner installed on my PC.That video was another user who was having the same problem as me.

I have both Wattman profiles activated in my Radeon settings.

Thanks

Colin

My PC Specs

Windows 10 Home 64 Bit

Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming: ATX, LG1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs

Intel Core i7 Six Core Processor i7-8700k (3.7GHz) 12MB Cache

Super Quiet Titan DragonFly Heatpipe Intel CPU Cooler

1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 3.5" SSHD

6TB WD BLACK 3.5" WD6001FZWX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 128MB CACHE (7200rpm)

CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12

8GB AMD RADEON™ RX 580 - HDMI, 3 x DP - DX 12

Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

0 Likes
imaysky
Adept II

Hey. Send a report about this bug to the support team with your computer specifications. So we will have more chances to solve this problem.

AMD Issue Reporting Form

Email Formhttp://support.amd.com/en-us/contact/email-form

0 Likes

Hi

Is there any way of finding my Graphics Card Part NumberGraphics Card Part Number,without taking my tower apart?.When i got my PC it didn't come with any packaging.

Thanks

Colin

0 Likes

I just indicated the name of the model as 2x MSI RX 470 Gaming X 4Gb

Send the same message about the bug to the Email Form. Copy links to your and my topic  18.5.2 - Freezing when Crossfire Disable. Temperature increase. (Win10 April Update)  Let them see that not only you have a problem. There you will be answered and asked to provide the information they need including dxdiag etc.

After a long correspondence they answered me like this

Dear Igor,

Your service request : SR #{ticketno:[8200813071]} has been reviewed and updated.

Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the response.

Please wait for our next driver update to become available and then try updating. You can be notified of our next driver update via email by subscribing to our newsletter: http://www.amd.com/en-us/who-we-are/subscriptions alternatively, you can check www.amd.com/drivers periodically to check for updates.

Thank you for contacting AMD

microtek
Adept I

Hi ..

Thanks Colin

It's good , we get nice information by this post.

Thanks again..

0 Likes

0 Likes