Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

steviejay
Adept II

Re: windows 10 replace my MSI RX 480 driver

Jump to solution

Untitled.png

Your driver is so old, no wonder W10 will overwrite it, you need to update to 18.2.1 or 18.3.4 like I have shown here.

I would probably recommend 18.2.1 though.

0 Likes
lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

Jejeje man that what I want to do. But windows 10 x64 build 1709 wont allow me to do that man. Let me know what version of windows do you have and what build too.

I want to see a print screen.

0 Likes
steviejay
Adept II

Jump to solution

This has been installed on v1709 16299.334 (16299.371 is now current)

I am already on the new v1803 17133.1 as I use the machine to test W10 builds but it is not Insider. It is RTM.

Untitled.png

0 Likes
lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hey man,

I will try what you recommended to me, but I have windows 10 pro x64 build 1709. I let you know if it works

0 Likes
lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

Can you provide me a link to download the driver pls

0 Likes
steviejay
Adept II

Jump to solution
0 Likes
hotrith
Miniboss

Jump to solution

First, Windows 10 will overwrite any driver before 17.7.1 version, it will force you to stay in 17.7 driver under non legacy graphic cards. ( if you have a legacy graphic card, windows will not affect what driver version you have).

Second, Build 1803 is still in development, it is not a RTM and you have to be in Insider Program to have it, so if you do try to get on Insider Program, read the recomendations, if something happends dont blame AMD or MS, is clear if you are in the Insider Program you going to have issues and expect to do system recoveries.

RS4 1803 It was supposed to be released on 10 April, but because some flaws they delay it, no ETA at moment.

0 Likes
steviejay
Adept II

Jump to solution

That’s why I linked to and recommended 18.2.1

18.3.4 was buggy for me on v1709

17133.1 is RTM 17133.73 will probably be WU feature update. I have not experienced any showstopper. It went past RC.

0 Likes
lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

I did all those things and nothing, windows still find a better driver on the windows update server and trying to overwrite broke my current driver

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Try installing the latest AMD drivers again. If it installs successfully but Windows overwrites it again after restarting.

Go to Device Manager where the RX 480 has the Yellow Exclamation mark and try to update the driver manually thru Properties and than Update Drivers. Use Device Manager to point to the C:\AMD folder and see if it just updates the latest Driver. If it does, restart the computer again and see if Windows tries to overwrite again.

If not go to Device Manager and choose Properties again. But go to Browse My Computer. Choose Let Me Pick From A List. You should have a list of all the AMD Drivers installed on the computer. See if you see the latest one there. If you do, highlight and click on it to install. Restart your computer and see if again Windows tries to Overwrite the driver.

If Windows again replaces your latest Driver with an previous old driver. There must be something wrong either with the OS or with the GPU card or Motherboard.

It would be interesting to see if you installed you card on a different computer, not your brother's computer, and see if it does the same thing. If it does, then it could be a problem with your GPU card.

0 Likes