Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

lnpg87
Adept II

windows 10 replace my MSI RX 480 driver

Jump to solution

Me and my brother we have problems, we both have a MSI RX 480 8GB but when we install the lastest driver windows ask to restart and when the computer boot up the video card show warning icon on device manager that means the driver need to be updated 'cause the version found is old than the version that microsoft found.

Need Help Pls.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lnpg87
Adept II

Re: windows 10 replace my MSI RX 480 driver

Jump to solution

I have the solutions.

I will show the step that I've followed.

1.- Install the driver version that windows don't overwrite. (2016 date driver).

2.- you need to flash the bios of the video card RX 480 to RX 580.

here is the link to make the procedure.

17.12.2 wont install error code 43

I also whatched this video How To: Flash Your RX 480 to an RX 580 & More | Flash RX580 BIOS on RX480 - YouTube

Thanks to everybody who help me to solve my frustration.

View solution in original post

53 Replies
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

First as per AMD Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .

Second without knowing anything about your computer setup. Try this basic approach to installing AMD Drivers. good for Laptop or Desktop.

Try this basic method of uninstalling and reinstalling AMD Drivers.

First download the correct Full AMD driver set from AMD Support for your computer.Desktop (This driver download is for a DESKTOP with RX 480).

Make sure your Windows Operating System (10/8.1/8.0/7) is fully updated via Windows Update (including Optionals).

Disconnect the Internet from your computer to prevent it from installing a different GPU Driver than the one you are installing.

Use Windows Control Panel -Uninstall Feature to uninstall all AMD Drivers and software. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) in safe mode to completely eliminate all traces of the old AMD drivers and software related to the GPU.

Delete C:\AMD Folder. This prevents New and Old AMD driver files from installing and corrupting the installation process.

After rebooting from DDU, Reinstall the new AMD Full set of drivers. If it installed correctly, again delete C:\AMD folder to save Hard Disk space and reconnect to the Internet.

lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hey man,

Thanks for your reply,.

It doesn't matter what type of pc do I have, the problems is not base on hardware it is OS problems if you search around google about the problems that I've described you goin' to see that problems is affecting some many people.

FYI:

I have a intel i7 7700k, 16GB RAM, mobo:Asus z270a Prime.

And My brother have i5, 16GB, mobo: MSI.

He's facing the same problems that I have.

Remember the problems Windows 10 x64 fully update (it mean, last version) replaces the amd rx 480 driver.

Thx.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Did you disconnect the computer from the internet when you installed the AMD Drivers?

Please follow the steps I posted to make sure there is no corruption of your AMD installation.

lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

Yes man I did

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

I can't seem to locate your Motherboard at Asus. Z270A Prime.

See if you have the latest BIOS and Intel Chipset installed. That helps make the latest AMD drivers to install properly.

Can you upload a photo of Device Manager showing the Display Adapter installed. Also a photo of Device Manager showing the Driver installed. Might help others here to assist you.

0 Likes
lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

this is my mobo link below

PRIME Z270-A | Motherboards | ASUS Global

my bios is up to date to the latest version, the problems is windows 10 x64 lastest version, believe me, I know more than 3 people with that problems

elstaci
MVP

Jump to solution

Upload  Photos as I mentioned in my previous post to see exactly what Windows is installing instead of the RX-480 drivers.

At the top of the "REPLY" there is a square where you can attach a image file to your post.

You didn't mention if you were getting any ERRORs while using the RX-480 with what Windows installed. If you are, besides the Device Manager Errors, please post those also.

0 Likes
kingfish
MVP

Jump to solution

My guess it has something to do with the latest win10 update.

Open the C:/AMD folder and delete all the drivers inside. Download DDU and the AMD driver you choose to install. Then try this..Uninstall the drivers again...reboot in to safe mode..run DDU and choose clean and shut down. links > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Unplug the computer from the wall. Press the computer 'start' button to rid of any stored current. Remove the CMOS battery for a few minutes then reinstall. Disconnect from the internet. Start computer and install the AMD driver. Manually reboot.

lnpg87
Adept II

Jump to solution

Hey man,

I fallowed those step and the problems persist.

0 Likes