cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

almostpizza
Journeyman III

Windows 10 overwrites Asus laptop driver with older broken version

I have an ASUS TUF FX505DT laptop with Windows 10 Home 2004 19041.330. The driver I'm trying to use is the latest recommended version "19.50.29.27-200515a-355311C-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020."

I originally replaced the OEM drivers on the laptop because they were old and giving me issues. It worked until now. Windows just keeps installing the old drivers. 

The only solution I've seen is to disable all driver updates through Windows, which sounds like a bad workaround to a problem that shouldn't still exist. Anything else I can do? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

My personal opinion that is the best way to prevent Windows from automatically updating your drivers by disabling Windows Driver update.

I have Windows 10 Pro and I have WIndows driver update disabled. I manually update the driver or use Device Manager to update any drivers manually.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

My personal opinion that is the best way to prevent Windows from automatically updating your drivers by disabling Windows Driver update.

I have Windows 10 Pro and I have WIndows driver update disabled. I manually update the driver or use Device Manager to update any drivers manually.

I'll just do this and hope everything works. Thanks.

0 Likes